Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
My name is Bigbrutalisk (Also known as VohrteFarht...or WILL BE known) I have purchased a new exhaust and I have not seen too many install/sound videos for this exhaust. The test is only to 5k rpms as the engine was not completely warmed up at the time of the testing.
Some pictures for now and a video of the full install will be uploaded (its pretty big and im converting it to MPEG4 Now) Both were recorded using the same Gopro and microphone and I tried to keep roughly the same distance away from the bike.

First and foremost I fell in love with the exhaust after a friend had mentioned it to me and I checked out their website. There is a U.S. Branch ixilusa.com that sells parts and dealing with them was phenomenal over the phone. Very professional and willing to work with you on shipping and payment options. The Dual exhaust looks AMAZING! I was skeptical at first but after seeing it on the bike it just looks awesome! I was pretty much dead set on the Yoshi R77 but Price and wanting to try out something new. Once I put it onto the bike and started it up. I knew I had made the right choice! They do not make the chrome version anymore just the black now in the lx3b dual. It attaches using the same hardware as the stock exhaust with the exception of the adjustable clamp. IXIL sends you a really solid thicker clamp to use when attaching the new exhaust. Do not force the exhaust it fits on very nicely. The hole that the screw goes in should line up on the front side of the hole underneath the passenger footpeg. You will know what im talking about as you need to remove that to remove the stock exhaust. That is also in the video I did. VIDEO TO COME PLEASE BE PATIENT. Here are 2 pictures I will upload more after my afternoon Ride tomorrow. I will update my thoughts on that at a later date.

ON another note. I purchased the PowerCommander FC and was wondering if I could use a different map, or if anyone knows of someone who would be willing to create an IXIL l3xb Map? I do have a Power commander and Tuner certified shop near me and I will reach out to them about creating a tuning map to submit to Power Commander. Until then I am trying to figure out which exhaust is close enough since I have compared arrow slip on, yoshi r77 slip on, leo vince, and twobrothers slip on Maps and they all have different mappings. I am not sure which one to use and would prefer to keep it stock until I can have someone help me with the mapping.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update!

After about 3 full hours of riding, I fell even more in love with the exhaust! It was turning a lot of heads! All in all a very very great purchase! I have attempted to remove the baffles but they were tricky to remove so I do not have a video with them out yet. I do have a Side by side comparing the stock to the ixil that you can hear the different much better. That should be up tomorrow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hmm you've possibly convinced me to get this instead of a black M4. Prices are roughly the same but I like the dual look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just happened to come across this exhaust earlier today and thought it would look (and hopefully sound) pretty sweet. Consider me convinced!!!! I think I'd just want to remove or somehow blackout the IXIL tag. Would be distracting on my all black beauty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm you've possibly convinced me to get this instead of a black M4. Prices are roughly the same but I like the dual look.
DO IIIIIT!! I have not had success at taking the Baffle/DB killers out yet... I got the screw out but couldn't remove the baffle. It sounds soo good when you hit the powerband.

I just happened to come across this exhaust earlier today and thought it would look (and hopefully sound) pretty sweet. Consider me convinced!!!! I think I'd just want to remove or somehow blackout the IXIL tag. Would be distracting on my all black beauty.
IT's your exhaust so probably just buy a really good Heat resistant black paint and give it a couple layers.

Yo that sounds nice
The sound does not do it justice you really need to hear it in person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts