• Power commander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many threads about this topic but technology has evolved and not a lot of people are nodding their ninjas like before.
My question is power commander 5 obsolete now that places like flash tune are around?...
Also is it worth the money to buy the power commander or flash tune if I plan on getting full exhaust and intake for only 5 hp more?....

please help.....opinions?...

I’m not sure if I should spend $1000 for flash tune d and install to get 5 hp and if I’ll feel a real
difference....

Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I’m not sure if I should spend $1000 for flash tune d and install to get 5 hp and if I’ll feel a real
difference....
Yeah, to spend that much for so little gain seems a tad ridiculous.
If it's acceleration you're after, a much cheaper mod would be front & rear sprockets.

To get MUCH more power from a Ninja 300 with a willingness to spend $1000+ for it, I recommend a Ninja 400! 😁

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that’s what I thought!....
$1000+ for 5hp only I think sprocket change would be better......
Thanks!
anyone else care to share their thoughts.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have it only because the previous owner installed the Yoshi full system and gave me a brand new K&N filter. I later bought the PCV used for $200, installed it myself and downloaded some maps from the web.
Yeah, you sure gain some power, loose some weight and the bike runs smoother and feels better. Is it worth $1k? Definitely not for me.
But if you like the mod, and you're willing to spend the money, it's a fun mod to do. It's very personal.

If you feel you can do it yourself, you can also look around for a take off full system and a PCV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don’t think 1000+ for 5hp is worth it but tempting just to feel the difference?....
Also I wonder if flash tune is better

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't know about the flash. When I found about it, the shop told me it would be a $600 job as he had to do the map himself, so I went with the PCV, which I could do my self and eventually I could re sell the thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are 2 other alternatives, have a shop flash the ECU, around 250 bucks, or custom dyno tune around 500 bucks. The custom dyno tune Is the BEST option. I have had all my bikes set up with a custom dyno tune. My 400 runs very smooth and I can power wheelie in 1st gear. I might try just the ECU flash on the 300 and see how that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts