Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see if anyone here has experienced this issue and how they fixed it.

My bike is a 2016 Ninja 300 base model, non-abs. The front master cylinder is stock and the brake lines are stainless made by Spiegler.

I have bought the SV Racing Caliper Adapter to swap the stock 2 pot caliper with a larger 4 pot caliper. I choose the adapter for the Nissan caliper which I paired with a rebuilt 2004 CBR600RR caliper I found on Ebay. No issues with the swap itself, as the bike stops much faster and more precisely now.

If you take a close look at the attached photo, you'll see a grooved line or ring appearing right at the inner most edge of the rotors friction surface. Right wear the factory black paint meets the actual braking surface. What's causing this issue is, it would appear the new caliper and brake pads are slightly too big for the stock rotor and are rubbing on the painted surface during normal breaking while riding. So far this has caused no ill effects on the bikes performance. However, this bike being my daily, I would like to rectify this issue with a different rotor.

What do you guys think? Have you run into this issue when swapping to a bigger caliper? What rotor did you use? Or what rotor would you recommend?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
As long as it's not affecting braking I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually the pads will wear through the paint and that'll be that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the same setup and it looks like that’s a normal pattern. Been riding with this setup for a few thousand miles and no issues. I’d say you’ve got nothing to worry about, specially since you noted the improved braking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
^^
Only the 2003-2004 Nissin caliper from the CBR600 fits with that SV adapater? Or the newer Tokiko's do fit too?

·
Registered
251 Posts
How is the lever travel? I'd think with the increased volume of the caliper the travel would be longer but maybe not.
I'm potentially interested in doing this. Has anyone with abs don't the mod and does the abs system still work properly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts