Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only recently started to get into bikes recently, I have been watching a heap of youtube vids on the isle of man. These guys are unbelievable, their skill level is insane, they have much bigger balls than me!

I'm looking to go next year, as its too short of notice to go this year. (I just started a new job)I was wondering if anyone else had been before?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Haven't been but the vids on YT are insane...thanks for posting this one. Still don't understand the obsession with NASCAR here in the states and the lack of interest in this beautiful sport. Watching a group of riders tightly packed going through a series of S turns is something to behold. And these guys? Makes me dizzy just watching at the speeds they are doing...Insane and beautiful at the same time.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Haven't been but the vids on YT are insane...thanks for posting this one. Still don't understand the obsession with NASCAR here in the states and the lack of interest in this beautiful sport. Watching a group of riders tightly packed going through a series of S turns is something to behold. And these guys? Makes me dizzy just watching at the speeds they are doing...Insane and beautiful at the same time.
The high mortality rate alone would prevent this from ever catching on in any official capacity. This is a safety advisor's nightmare and would never see governmental approval.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
The high mortality rate alone would prevent this from ever catching on in any official capacity. This is a safety advisor's nightmare and would never see governmental approval.
Yet we watch two men get into a ring and beat each other senseless on a daily basis and it's all good. Damn the long term effects whether they live or die so long as they don't do it "live". The dying part...

People watch NASCAR for the wrecks and carnage...can't be for anything else watching a bunch of cars going around in circles. Folks are just waiting for a crash just to spice things up. Yet that is sanctioned and promoted. Motorcycle racing is sanctioned...just not as promoted.

Waiting for a government stamp of approval on motorcycle racing is like waiting around for their stamp of approval on legalization of marijuana. If they can't figure out how to make a buck off of it then it will always be a "taboo" of some sort and never fully condoned or promoted...until they figure out how to profit off of it.

I've gone from boxing to NASCAR to marijuana...it's all related! Really! Oh, and motorcycle racing ;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yet we watch two men get into a ring and beat each other senseless on a daily basis and it's all good. Damn the long term effects whether they live or die so long as they don't do it "live". The dying part...

People watch NASCAR for the wrecks and carnage...can't be for anything else watching a bunch of cars going around in circles. Folks are just waiting for a crash just to spice things up. Yet that is sanctioned and promoted. Motorcycle racing is sanctioned...just not as promoted.

Waiting for a government stamp of approval on motorcycle racing is like waiting around for their stamp of approval on legalization of marijuana. If they can't figure out how to make a buck off of it then it will always be a "taboo" of some sort and never fully condoned or promoted...until they figure out how to profit off of it.

I've gone from boxing to NASCAR to marijuana...it's all related! Really! Oh, and motorcycle racing ;)
All of those events have safety sanctions on them to be legal. Boxing and MMA have a huge laundry list of crap you CAN'T do because of the potential mortal harm that could be done to the other person. NASCAR has so much safety tech built into it now it's ridiculous. Those drivers are getting more and more armored every year. Standard motorcycle racing has seen improved track design and better safety oriented equipment being required stock. Also motorcycle racing takes place on a cleared out track and not narrow streets with houses and stone walls everywhere. Every year isle of man competitors get killed crashing into those walls and getting vaporized. Since it's a road and not a track, the road isn't laid out perfectly and there are a lot of imperfections and surface damage here and there. In motorcycle racing, the race won't start until the track has been perfectly cleaned and the track's surface is in perfect repair. Unfortunately for us in the states, racing of this nature is going to be highly illegal until they were to legalize it. Don't see that happening.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I only recently started to get into bikes recently, I have been watching a heap of youtube vids on the isle of man. These guys are unbelievable, their skill level is insane, they have much bigger balls than me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXR8Df_Bml0

I'm looking to go next year, as its too short of notice to go this year. (I just started a new job)I was wondering if anyone else had been before?
There are packages available to go and experience isle of man.not jus as a spectator but I think to ride the same course(not during the race).the package includes taking your bike and there are a couple packages available.I saw adds in a local magazine.I wanna go but I wanna go with people who love this type of stuff as much as I do and unfortunately not everyone can afford it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There are packages available to go and experience isle of man.not jus as a spectator but I think to ride the same course(not during the race).the package includes taking your bike and there are a couple packages available.I saw adds in a local magazine.I wanna go but I wanna go with people who love this type of stuff as much as I do and unfortunately not everyone can afford it.
Kenneth, can you link to one of these packages, please? My wife and I have looked for travel packages that include our bikes, but haven't been able to find anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts