Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm Kamrin. I recently soLd My PickUp And Plan On BUying A Motorcycle, I've Been Doing Allot Of Research On Different Models, I Really Like The 300 And Would Love To Own One However, I Live On A Gravel Road And After Reading Some Threads On This Forum I'm Wondering If I Would Be Able To MakE It Out Of My Road To Pavement. I Have Years Of Experience On Dirt Bikes And Can Ride My DirtBike Up And Down My Road WithOut An Issue But I've Never Ridden A Sport Bike So I'm Not Sure. Right Now I'm Split Between Getting A 300 Or A Dual Sport. My Road Is Only A Couple Hundred Yards Long But There Is A Fairly Steep Hill And A Sharp Turn, I Just Don't Want To BuY A 300 And Not Be Able To Get It Off My Road. Thanks For Any Input. Oh And Sorry About The Random Caps In This My Phone Won't Stop Capitalizing Every Word.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you plan to commute on it and make it a daily driver and can deal with the gravel its a great bike. If you plan to ride more gravel roads then a street legal dual sport is great. If you plan to ride highway i would say something like a DR650 is nice because it can get higher speeds for the highway. Maybe you can start a project and lay down some smooth road from your house to the end of the gravel =P

·
Registered
128 Posts
The seating position on the 300 is more like a standard bike than a sportbike so you shuld have plenty of leverage for navigating your gravel driveway. But you may want to go sit on one to make sure the seat height is going to be OK for you. But if you have experience riding on gravel I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would go sit on a 300, and a few of the dual sport bikes and see which interests you the most. A 650CC dual sport bike is going to cost a little bit more (~200-300USD) than a 300 w/ ABS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Would Mostly Be Commuting On Pavement. ThE Only Time I Would Be On GraveL Is GoingTo And From My House Other Than That I Will Be On Pavement. I Would Rather Get A 300 Because I'm Only Like 5'8 5'9 And The Seat Height On Dual Sports Is A Little To Tall For Me :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Advice. I've Never Sat On A300 But I've Sat On The 250R And I Liked How It Felt. I've Also SaT On Kawi's 650 Dual Sport And My Cousins DuCati Hypermotard Both Of Their SeatS Were A Little To High I Just Didn't FeEl Very Stable. I Felt Much More Stable On The 250r

·
Registered
295 Posts
You could also check out the new Honda CB500 line, they all have a neutral riding position and come in either a sport look, standard or adventure styled coat if your looking for alternatives to the Ninja 300.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks For The Advice I Just Looked At The Cb500 LIne On Honda's Website. I Liked The Cb500x But I'm Still Leaning Towards The Ninja 300, I Like What I've Read On It. But I Still Plan On Going To A Dealer And SIt On The 300 And Some Others. Thanks EVeryone For All The Advice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you feel comfortable on a 250R then a 300 will be just fine. The seat height is pretty much the same.

The new Honda 500 line looks pretty nice but for the money I don't think you can beat the 300. It weighs less which helps with maneuvering at all speeds but doesn't have that much less horsepower. IMO, It is the best bike out there right now. That's why I bought one and why it gets the most seat time out of my bikes.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
about the only thing you need to worry bout on a gravel road is the gravel being flicked up & destroying the radiator, a radiator guard will fix it, so too will a front fenda xtenda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts