Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to get a bike & I have already sat on a 300 & liked the feel.. My only hesitation is that on all the popular rides in my area (boise) there are lots of hills involved & I am a big guy at 275 lbs.

So will the little Ninja 300 be able to maintain 65-70 mph with me on it?

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
So I am looking to get a bike & I have already sat on a 300 & liked the feel.. My only hesitation is that on all the popular rides in my area (boise) there are lots of hills involved & I am a big guy at 275 lbs.

So will the little Ninja 300 be able to maintain 65-70 mph with me on it?
The 300 will do it but to keep it pulling up the hill you will need to be in the right gear. Un like a 600-1000 this bike takes more shifting to keep it in the usable power range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I sure hope you guys are right.. I'm on my way to the dealership to pick up a white one now..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well just left the dealership without the bike.. they didn't have a helmet that fit my big ass head at a price I was ok with.. currently I am not prepared to spend 500 on a helmet and the only one they had that fit was over 500. Do now off to find a helmet elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
nice work, i have carried myself and a pillion on the bike and luggage and had about 160 kilograms all up on the bike and it still went well, you just need to use the gear box more and dont be frightened to open up the throttle a bit more and its all good

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well just left the dealership without the bike.. they didn't have a helmet that fit my big ass head at a price I was ok with.. currently I am not prepared to spend 500 on a helmet and the only one they had that fit was over 500. Do now off to find a helmet elsewhere.
I'm a heavy guy, same weight as you, and the 300 has plenty of go. As others have said you need to use a gearbox a bit more and rev it a bit higher perhaps than a lighter rider, but it still goes pretty fast when you ask for it and hills are not a problem as long as you're in the right gear with enough revs.

I've also got a big head. My first helmet was a $100 Cycle Gear Bilt Blaze in XXL(This model runs slightly larger than other lines so their XXL is bigger than other models XXL) and that worked pretty good for a while. Now I've got a much more expensive Shoei in XXL. The Shoei XL didn't fit but the XXL was just a little too big so I got the thicker padding Shoei sells and that fixed up that helmet to fit perfect. Again I think in the RF-1100 the XXL runs a bit bigger and has the right head shape for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in Boise too, what dealership did you go to? Carls Cycle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts