Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is probably a stupid question...but before I go ride my 300 in the rain..the bike is waterproof right? LOL

Reason I ask is because I was watching this video of this guy washing his bike with a power hose and said something along the lines of "only do this if your bike is waterproof".

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
OK this is probably a stupid question...but before I go ride my 300 in the rain..the bike is waterproof right? LOL

Reason I ask is because I was watching this video of this guy washing his bike with a power hose and said something along the lines of "only do this if your bike is waterproof".
Water is fine. High pressure, like from a power hose, can potentially force water into parts of the bike though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Water is fine. High pressure, like from a power hose, can potentially force water into parts of the bike though.
Have to agree, water is fine. It was raining hard last week and I rode when it was pouring, left my bike outside getting rained on for a good 8 of my 9 hour shift. And I had no problems.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
if our bike wasnt waterproof it would have stopped working for me along time ago, i have ridden this bike thru rain that was pouring so hard i had to slow to about 60 kmph on the highway and was lucky to see about 6 car lengths infront of me. ridden plenty of times in the rain in the last few months, its fine, just done take it swimming & you will be ok

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed, never use a pressure washer on your bike. Saying that, I do but only because I can adjust the pressure and nozzle settings so its just a slightly above "gentle" stream with a bit of mist to it. Good for washing the bike - you don't need an intense super high pressure stream to get it clean. just rinse and a bit of elbow grease. Bikes are quick to clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts