Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm saying is I like the stock exhaust and it would be cool to keep the metal heatshield on with a slip on. I know the canister would have to be the same shape but am trying to assess the feasibility of this.

It might be an obvious yes or no to anyone who's removed the stock exhaust, but I haven't done this yet.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Umm no. The stock pipe shield has hooks and bolts that hold it on the exhaust. If you like the stock exhaust just keep it instead of wasting money on a slip on. Area p has already said that they couldn't get more hp out of a slipon as they could with the stock pipe.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there is. I just don't really fancy drilling holes into it lol. I'd much prefer to just take the metal piece and slap it on a slip on but it looks like thats a no no as well.

Thx for the input. Maybe I'll just get a LV Corsa GP. They're pretty low profile compared to the other obnoxious-looking exhausts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
277 Posts
I know there is. I just don't really fancy drilling holes into it lol. I'd much prefer to just take the metal piece and slap it on a slip on but it looks like thats a no no as well.

Thx for the input. Maybe I'll just get a LV Corsa GP. They're pretty low profile compared to the other obnoxious-looking exhausts.

They(LV) look ridiculous with that funnel shaped inlet on the muffler.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They(LV) look ridiculous with that funnel shaped inlet on the muffler.
I agree that the design could be better, but I still prefer it to the mumbo jumbo wannabes. My tastes change often though, so maybe one day I'll see the same light everyone else does and come here to praise Yoshimura or something :p

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yep I had a Musarri on mine for a little while, very nice muffler, very good quality. Much better looking than the LV, but thats just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts