Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2015 died and I had to tow it home. I wasn't given the ratchet straps to tie it down and my mind told me to lay it down in a way that wouldn't cause damage if I hit bumps. So of course I didn't do that and it ended up falling over and cracked the fairing parts. But it's only two pieces, so I'm hoping I can just by those two pieces rather than a whole OEM or Chinese kit. My bike is currently getting checked out for charging issues but I marked the two pieces. I couldn't find a fairing parts list. Thanks for any help.

2015-Kawasaki-Ninja-300-ABS5.jpg

EDIT: I really do appreciate people trying to help, while suggestions can be helpful, I'm just asking a straightforward question. Can I buy pieces or do I have to buy a whole kit. I'm not sure what it is about forum type websites, but people seem to like to answer and give information on everything but the question that's asked. It's like someone asking "What's the best sandwich to order? " and getting responses like "The best place to buy food is the supermarket."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your local Kawasaki dealer can hook you up and order the parts individually.

Or, go here Kawasaki Parts & Parts Diagrams | Kawasaki Owners Center scroll to the bottom. Select your bike from the drop down menu's and get the part numbers.

You'll need to know the color code (3 letters at the end of bike designation). Decals are sold separately.

PS: Your best bet is to go to a Kawi dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your local Kawasaki dealer can hook you up and order the parts individually.

Or, go here Kawasaki Parts & Parts Diagrams | Kawasaki Owners Center scroll to the bottom. Select your bike from the drop down menu's and get the part numbers.

You'll need to know the color code (3 letters at the end of bike designation). Decals are sold separately.

PS: Your best bet is to go to a Kawi dealer.
Couple of things though. I've seen several parts and diagram sites, but I have no idea what the parts are called. Also, if I go to a dealer that's probably going to be expensive. I'm looking for a cost effective route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Couple of things though. I've seen several parts and diagram sites, but I have no idea what the parts are called. Also, if I go to a dealer that's probably going to be expensive. I'm looking for a cost effective route.
You don't need to know what they're called if you pick them off the part diagram. Find the diagram and look at the part. Click on it. You need the number, not the name.

Genuine Kawasaki parts have a relatively consistent price worldwide. Online is about 10% less generally but add shipping and it's right back to about the same. The good stuff is going to cost more than the cheap junk. I understand what you mean by "cost effective" but you simply won't find any massive discount on OEM fairings that are new. Supply and demand. Think you're the first and only one that cracked those today/this week/this month/etc?

If you want cheap, roll the dice on china.
If you want good, order genuine Kawasaki.

Your local Kawasaki dealer is your best bet. How do you know it's "probably going to be expensive" if you don't know how much it probably should be?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fairings are just not cost effective repairs, ever. OEM fairings are literally probably the most expensive part to replace, even more than almost all engine and mechanical parts. Even the small plastic pieces are unbelievably expensive.

I have never bought a replacement fairing. But I have done a good amount of fairing repair. The results can be very satisfactory if you have the time.

Or another route I have seen people take, is to buy a race fairing kit, which is still hundreds of dollars, but significantly cheaper than OEM fairings. And then they would cut out more holes for lights and stuff and just kinda "make it work".

I've looked at fairing prices on the wholesale OEM parts dealers I buy parts from, and the prices are just astronomical. I would literally sooner glue shards of my original fairing back together before buying OEM fairings.

Just don't expect cracked plastic pieces to be 1, 2, or 300 dollars when buying OEM. You could get quotes from the dealer though.
Good luck.

-Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't need to know what they're called if you pick them off the part diagram. Find the diagram and look at the part. Click on it. You need the number, not the name.

Genuine Kawasaki parts have a relatively consistent price worldwide. Online is about 10% less generally but add shipping and it's right back to about the same. The good stuff is going to cost more than the cheap junk. I understand what you mean by "cost effective" but you simply won't find any massive discount on OEM fairings that are new. Supply and demand. Think you're the first and only one that cracked those today/this week/this month/etc?

If you want cheap, roll the dice on china.
If you want good, order genuine Kawasaki.

Your local Kawasaki dealer is your best bet. How do you know it's "probably going to be expensive" if you don't know how much it probably should be?
I don't think you understand what I mean. I've already looked I couldn't find the pieces. That's why I added the picture and marked the pieces so that someone could look and help me identify. Also, It's fairings on a 300. I'm not looking for good quality, I just need it to look good and fit. I'm not looking for an argument I'm looking for help. I'm sorry if you're upset if what your providing doesn't do that.

To be clear when I said I couldn't find a fairing parts list, I meant I couldn't find anything that specifically list the parts of the fairings only. I was hoping there was something like that. One the OEM parts pages I can't find any image that looks like the fairing pieces.

And no I don't think I'm the first, so that's why I didn't think this would be like pulling teeth to find an answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fairings are just not cost effective repairs, ever. OEM fairings are literally probably the most expensive part to replace, even more than almost all engine and mechanical parts. Even the small plastic pieces are unbelievably expensive.

I have never bought a replacement fairing. But I have done a good amount of fairing repair. The results can be very satisfactory if you have the time.

Or another route I have seen people take, is to buy a race fairing kit, which is still hundreds of dollars, but significantly cheaper than OEM fairings. And then they would cut out more holes for lights and stuff and just kinda "make it work".

I've looked at fairing prices on the wholesale OEM parts dealers I buy parts from, and the prices are just astronomical. I would literally sooner glue shards of my original fairing back together before buying OEM fairings.

Just don't expect cracked plastic pieces to be 1, 2, or 300 dollars when buying OEM. You could get quotes from the dealer though.
Good luck.

-Mike
Thanks. I don't have the time or the skill to repair and plus I can't repair any shards or cracks because they are up and down 80 miles of highway. So the bottom line is you are saying no I can't just buy 2 pieces Is that correct?

·
Super Moderator
2,614 Posts
My 2015 died and I had to tow it home. I wasn't given the ratchet straps to tie it down and my mind told me to lay it down in a way that wouldn't cause damage if I hit bumps. So of course I didn't do that and it ended up falling over and cracked the fairing parts. But it's only two pieces, so I'm hoping I can just by those two pieces rather than a whole OEM or Chinese kit. My bike is currently getting checked out for charging issues but I marked the two pieces. I couldn't find a fairing parts list. Thanks for any help.

View attachment 115551

EDIT: I really do appreciate people trying to help, while suggestions can be helpful, I'm just asking a straightforward question. Can I buy pieces or do I have to buy a whole kit. I'm not sure what it is about forum type websites, but people seem to like to answer and give information on everything but the question that's asked. It's like someone asking "What's the best sandwich to order? " and getting responses like "The best place to buy food is the supermarket."
Yes, you can buy just those pieces. Either your Kawasaki dealer can get them for you, or you can order them from one of the many Kawasaki OEM sites online. If you order them yourself, be sure you're getting ones for your model year because the color changes slightly from year to year. If you decide to go the less expensive route and order aftermarket, you'll need to get the entire set, otherwise the color will not match up.

·
Registered
628 Posts

View attachment 115551

Yes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another alternative: buy used OEM parts on ebay. A fraction of the cost of new, and identical OEM quality.
These beginner bikes get crashed and totaled all the time. Hundreds of used parts online from bikes that usually only have one damaged side.

Search by part number, but if you don't find something (sometimes it's not worth the seller's time to look it up), you can search something like "EX300 fairing", filter by used, price low to high, and scroll until you find what you need. Sometimes you see the smaller fairing pieces go for $15-40.

For example, right side seat fairing, looks to be great shape, $20 shipped: 2014 2013-2017 Kawasaki Ninja Ex300 ex300 Oem Right gas tank cover fairing | eBay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts