Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I took my Ninja out the other day for the first time. I worked up a bit of courage after driving her around the block for a bit and took her out on the main road for a quick trip to PepBoys. On the way I attempted to use the mirrors but even though I feel they were adjusted correctly I couldn't see much of anything behind me. I found it pretty frustrating... Has anyone else had a similar experiance?

I'm investigating some aftermarket options now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's not just you, they're pretty bad. If you tuck you'll find them to be a bit more usable.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the stock mirrors are not the best, however, they are a lot better then some

to set them up, find some cars parked by the side of the road and stop a little way infront of them off the road and adjust the mirrors up

half of my mirrors are taken up with my elbows , but dont rely on your mirrors, always do a shoulder check

others have bought the small round dome mirrors about 1 inch in diameter and out those on the mirrors to assist

·
Registered
630 Posts
others have bought the small round dome mirrors about 1 inch in diameter and out those on the mirrors to assist
I've been trying to find them online and can't for some odd reason. I don't know what to search, I've tried a bunch of different names and no dice!

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I've been trying to find them online and can't for some odd reason. I don't know what to search, I've tried a bunch of different names and no dice!
have you got any $2 shops near by, the ones who sell all kinds of cheap & nasty stuff. have a look thru there

how about a car shop like super cheap auto

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au

got something similar to that near by??

how about kmart/walmart? they sometimes have them

check your local bike shops & car dealerships as well

·
Registered
490 Posts
What about the handle bar end mirrors?those should be far enough from your body to see properly behind you.if that isn't a good idea then just tuck in your elbow when you wanna see behind you.I did see a really nice pair of mirrors on ebay.I was thinking of getting grizzly rear turn signals with them...I think it would look awesome.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered some Bar End Mirrors from Revzilla. Lets see if they solve my problem or not. I just feel unsafe with the stock ones.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't understand why you all cant see in your mirrors! I can see directly behind me and out to the sides
Perhaps it has something to do with height or girth? What I see out of my right rear view mirror is the right outline of the car behind me, and the left side out my left mirror. Other than that there is far too much "Me" in the mirrors even when adjusted to what I feel is correct.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Perhaps it has something to do with height or girth? What I see out of my right rear view mirror is the right outline of the car behind me, and the left side out my left mirror. Other than that there is far too much "Me" in the mirrors even when adjusted to what I feel is correct.
Could be, I'm 175cm tall? :eek:
I have them locked in with the mirrors horizontal to each other? ImageUploadedByMO Free1366677656.355478.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 90 Posts