Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Hero of Time
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decently expensive gear and am worried enough about my bike being in the parking lot where she can get stolen, so i put my gloves in my helmet and walk around carrying it and have my jacket/boots on.

today i went to walmart and felt kinda douchey for walking around in my gear but i dont see any alternative. what do you guys do? is it something i will get over?

i don't think i've ever seen a dude on a motorcycle at a store or restaurant carrying gear or a helmet before which is surprising because i live in a city of millions so i feel like i stick out like a sore thumb when i lug my stuff around

· Hero of Time
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just don't want to seem like im wearing/carrying my gear for attention...as i actually know a guy that rode a 600 for like 6 months then crashed it and never rode again...but he would drive to bars and bring his old helmet inside to pick up chicks...then he would ride home with them so they wouldn't realize he doesn't really have a bike.

i guess i worry too much about what others think lol

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Absolutely, carry it with you. Who cares what others think....but, the whole gloves in the helmet thing? Think about what your gloves are exposed to, then think about rubbing that all around in your helmet. It can get pretty gross in there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Not douchey at all. People see a helmet and gloves on a bike not locked up...they might be tempted to steal them.

I am not going to risk my AGV helmet and Dainese gloves being stolen. That's about near $700 right there.

· Registered
595 Posts
I have all that plus my tank bag (which turns into a back pack that I can strap my helmet too).

And if someone where to give me a "look" I would tell them to STFU my boots cost more than your whole outfit.

And if I was in Walmart I would tell them STFU my outfit cost more than your car.

· Hero of Time
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely, carry it with you. Who cares what others think....but, the whole gloves in the helmet thing? Think about what your gloves are exposed to, then think about rubbing that all around in your helmet. It can get pretty gross in there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
the outside of my gloves only ever touch my handle bars/levers and my key...its the inside of the gloves that get dirty from my hands XD

· Registered
66 Posts
You dont see most people with gear because theyre douchey where they shouldnt be seems like they are embarresed by gear so they where non and have crappy helmets they lock to the bike. :p I wouldnt leave **** on my bike just because i know spiders have a better chance to get in >.<

· Banned
666 Posts
Interesting
I lock my helmet on my bike and i put my gloves in my tank bag
my bike has full coverage with 100 deductible so i guess i figure it is
pretty safe. I did however get a really smoking new helm... lol

· Registered
909 Posts
I dont see whats wrong with wearing you gear around! If I ride to the shops I will chain my helmet to the wheel and wear my jacket+ boots. Do get the odd stare but its better than risking gear being stolen.
A few of the bikes parked at my work just leave their jacket over their tank lol

· Registered
1,851 Posts
I'll walk around stores while still wearing my boots, jacket, and knee guards and carrying my helmet and gloves. **** of a lot more convenient than taking everything off and putting it on again. I recently started locking my helmet to the bike after getting the Ninja 300 because the helmet lock on my 250 was broken anyway, but I've been finding that to be a hassle so I'd rather carry it.

· Banned
666 Posts
I leave my helm locked , put everything in the tank bag and take the bag with me
i think its kinda cool to walk around in gear
but then again im 5 11 and 250 pound black guy
people tend to not say much negative to me :)

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
today i went to walmart and felt kinda douchey for walking around in my gear but i dont see any alternative. what do you guys do? is it something i will get over?
you will learn to get over it. i have been doing it for 17 years and i know many others who do the same. in this city theres plenty of motorcycle riders who all do the same

you need to stop worrying about what others think of you and get on living your own life:)

· Banned
666 Posts
Bro ive been telling people that for a while
i just dont understand why they care so much what
everyone else thinks
if i want to carry my gear around so be it
its my bike and until someone else makes my payment
noone has a right to say anything about what i carry
or how i ride
just sayin..

Reactions: SClown and cruizin
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.