Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the strangest experience with a pair of on-duty cops. I needed to buy some contact solution after work, so I swung by the supermarket and passed some cops standing next to a tow truck. I didn't really give them much thought, other than the fact that they looked up at me as I passed by. Granted, the previous owner had installed the Leo Vince GP Corsa slip-on, which I've left on.

As I came back out of the supermarket, the cops had pulled into the parking lot and were lounging around their patrol car. As I packed my stuff into my backpack, they came over and asked me if it was the new 300. They explained that they saw me yesterday and had been discussing if I had a Leo Vince exhaust. Apparently, one of the cops owns a a Honda CBR250 with the Leo Vince exhaust. Anyway, they complimented the bike and asked me to fire it up and then they gave the engine a quick rev, commenting on how much throatier it sounded than the CBR250. After a quick chat, they told me to ride safe and I rode off.

It was pretty cool, albeit strange, experience. I live in a smaller suburban town, so the cops are fairly laid back because they don't have to deal with the kind of crap that goes down in the bigger cities nearby.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
We have cops that sit out at our local car meets every weekend. They're pretty cool and as long as people arent being fucking idiots (burnouts, donuts etc) they dont bother us at all and theres usually 50+ of us.

When Import Alliance was in Nashville, we've gotten cops to do burnouts in the parking lots with us. During that weekend they dont give a fuck and people race on the highways and they dont do anything. There was 9000+ people 2 years at that attended IA in nashville.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Sometimes we forget...cops are actually human beings! Imagine that! And when they act like your neighbor and let down their guard? Some fuknut catches them on video and they lose their job. They walk a fine line and people seem to forget..they actually are our neighbors. When you do something stupid and get caught they are ass holes.

No doubt there are some bad apples. But for the most part they are being paid to do a job and sometimes that job involves you and you being caught breaking the law. It's their job...we've all encountered a police officer that gave us a warning and let us go when we KNOW we should have been ticketed or carted off to jail. If you haven't had one of those encounters yet? Well, there will be a day when you do. If you are a dick toward the officer? Even if he's being a dick? Don't go there.

We all have bad days...don't push your luck and you will be let off at one point in time. May not be tomorrow or next week or ever. They are our neighbors. They are human and they do make mistakes. Treat them with respect and more often than not they will do so in kind...

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Sometimes we forget...cops are actually human beings! Imagine that! And when they act like your neighbor and let down their guard? Some fuknut catches them on video and they lose their job. They walk a fine line and people seem to forget..they actually are our neighbors. When you do something stupid and get caught they are ass holes.

No doubt there are some bad apples. But for the most part they are being paid to do a job and sometimes that job involves you and you being caught breaking the law. It's their job...we've all encountered a police officer that gave us a warning and let us go when we KNOW we should have been ticketed or carted off to jail. If you haven't had one of those encounters yet? Well, there will be a day when you do. If you are a dick toward the officer? Even if he's being a dick? Don't go there.

We all have bad days...don't push your luck and you will be let off at one point in time. May not be tomorrow or next week or ever. They are our neighbors. They are human and they do make mistakes. Treat them with respect and more often than not they will do so in kind...
Reminds me of a time I was driving home kinda toasted. I wasn't 100% messed up, but I was definitely DUI status. Well, I got pulled over, cop tried to tell me I almost swerved into the lady next to me. I responded with, there was no one next to me, which there wasn't. Not sure what he was trying to pull, but needless to say, he told me to have a nice night, and let me go. I actually lost my wallet that night, so he did give some form of citation for not carrying proper identification, but they told me just to go to the court house, and pay a $10 fee, and they will waive the citation. So I did that, and was fine. Cops are normal people too, I didn't have drugs or weapons on me so I figured I wasn't worth their time. So $10 for losing my wallet. :D

·
Track Whore
675 Posts

This is why I am always happy and polite if I get pulled over. It's always my fault, and I knew what I was doing to get pulled over so why give them an attitude for catching me doing something I know I shouldn't be doing in the first place?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I definitely agree that cops are just normal people doing their jobs. I was just commenting on it being an interesting experience, since most of my previous interactions with law enforcement was either a moving violation or just a simple head nod of acknowledgement in the local coffee shop. They were pretty curious, like anyone else who rides would be, since I'm the only Ninja 300 in my town. Like I said, it's a small suburban town, so I actually thought they were going to talk to me about violating a noise ordinance or something like that, but I was pleasantly surprised by their compliments and their request to hear the Leo Vince in action.

I always try to be polite (but not necessarily happy - I'm about to shell out some big bucks!) and never try to BS my way out of a ticket - I was doing something wrong and I got caught. I actually hate it when I hear one of my friends talk about going to court and fighting citations that they clearly deserved. Most cops I've encountered are pretty professional. Of course, there are always those who will act in a manner who give the rest a bad name - applies equally to the cops and to us riders. There was one time I was pulled over for speeding in the Miata (had just had a couple beers and the cop could smell it but less than half the legal limit) and the cop who pulled me over actually forgot to give me my license back. I just put my registration papers on the seat next to me and left when he let me go with a warning. I didn't realize my license was missing until I got up the next morning. I got a weird feeling to check my mailbox and, sure enough, the cop must have realized he still had my license and dropped it off during the night.

In any case, today was a good reminder that the police are normal people doing their jobs!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Get the Leo Vince full exhaust. I highly recommend it.
There are plans to, but my bank account is still recuperating :)

Oh man, too bad I already have plans. It's pretty close to where I live...

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Reminds me of a time I was driving home kinda toasted. I wasn't 100% messed up, but I was definitely DUI status. Well, I got pulled over, cop tried to tell me I almost swerved into the lady next to me. I responded with, there was no one next to me, which there wasn't. Not sure what he was trying to pull, but needless to say, he told me to have a nice night, and let me go. I actually lost my wallet that night, so he did give some form of citation for not carrying proper identification, but they told me just to go to the court house, and pay a $10 fee, and they will waive the citation. So I did that, and was fine. Cops are normal people too, I didn't have drugs or weapons on me so I figured I wasn't worth their time. So $10 for losing my wallet. :D
Driving drunk aint cool at all bro.......:mad:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I agree totally. I lost a brother to a drunk driver, cant stand it when I see mates jumping in their cars or on their bikes after a few drinks. I will physically restrain anyone I see doing so.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
my dad was run over my a drunk driver in 1978 while dad was riding his motorcycle to work, i was 4 years old at the time and almost lost my dad. one of my brothers still has dads shoei helmet he was wearing at the time and its ground down pretty bad. it saved his life and saved having his head left all over the road.i have never forgotten it, and was 34 years ago it happened

·
Registered
112 Posts

Reminds me on the "I'm the bad guy" scene from Scarface. Or The Dark Knight's "I'm not what this city wants but I am what this city needs". We "Protective Services Officers" are willing to do the job others don't want to take responsibility for.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
So 99% toasted is still fine with you to drive? SMH. Add one more to the statistic chart.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts