Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a bike for my fiancée. I want something fuel injected so the Kawasaki Ninja 300, Honda CBR250R, or Honda CBR500R. The 300 would be my first choice. My obvious concerns are about what needs to be upgraded first. I can see aesthetic mods such as the fender eliminator, but I'm talking more about comfort. I've seen the Corbin seat, but I'm assuming the suspension on the bike needs an upgrade since it's a budget bike. I've got an extra ZX-6R front end I could put on the bike if purchased as well as an extra ZX-6R rear end. I know I can make the front end swap, but does anyone know if the rear end swap is possible?

·
Registered
56 Posts
wait, you want to take the comfortable 300 and make it ride like a super stiff 600?
the only thing the 300 could use is a more padded seat, but its already a pretty comfortable bike to ride.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'd say a better seat, and rearsets depending on how you like yours situated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait, you want to take the comfortable 300 and make it ride like a super stiff 600?
the only thing the 300 could use is a more padded seat, but its already a pretty comfortable bike to ride.
You must have never ridden a bike with upside down forks and adjustable suspension in front with a 3-way suspension in rear. It's fantastic compared to any 250 I've ever ridden and way better than my current 2013 650. If you've ever ridden a bike with advanced suspension and tuned the suspension to yourself then you'll know the 300 lacks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Their is no way I would change the 300 suspension. It is way more comfortable than a supersport.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Their is no way I would change the 300 suspension. It is way more comfortable than a supersport.

What supersports have you ridden?

You might be speaking in the context of seating position, ride height, tank stretch, clip-on placement, rear-set placement, seat comfort, or maybe a fear of the power one can throw down, but the CBR250R, 08-12 Ninja 250r, and the Ninja 650s have some horrible suspensions compared to any adjustable suspension bike I've ridden. I can feel every bump or change in the road on those bikes. My buddy has a GSXR1000 that feels like riding on air, I've got a 2001 CBR 600 F4i stunt bike that was nice with its stock forks, but when I through some upside down forks on the bike I was floating. There wasn't a bump to be felt. I could put it to nearly the stiffest position and it was still nicer than riding the budget forks on the budget bikes. Even slamming a wheelie down hard felt like butter compared to crossing a damn pebble in the road on a 250(a little exaggerated there).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have a 2012 gsxr 600, feels like welded suspension. Every time I hit a bump, I bounce all over the seat. On my 300, I didn't even notice these same bumps. I may need to adjust my suspension, but I know nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts