Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
$22 a month is good. Just make sure it's got all the options you should have! Uninsured motorist coverage is BIG and will also pay your medical bills when the retard in the SUV's crappy insurance caps out at $50k

Mine is currently $28 a month, but I am going to up my uninsured motorist to it's max and it will run me up to $40 a month.

Reason being - one of my officers was hit from a guy backing out of his driveway. The insurance for the guy capped out and now my officer is having to cover with his uninsured motorist coverage and it's almost capped out as well since he had the lower plan. He has not worked in over 6 months and all his bills are overdue. I don't need to be in that spot!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I hate all you people and your non-"no fault" states. The minimum I am able to get for full coverage is over $100 a month, and that's with a clean record.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I hate all you people and your non-"no fault" states. The minimum I am able to get for full coverage is over $100 a month, and that's with a clean record.
Lol , yes but how old are you?? In my twenties, a 600 cc bike was nearly $6,000 a year. That's with no accidents.

Age, sometimes had its advantages:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch! That number hurt my eyes just to see it...that would make me even not want to get a bike at all

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$22 a month is good. Just make sure it's got all the options you should have! Uninsured motorist coverage is BIG and will also pay your medical bills when the retard in the SUV's crappy insurance caps out at $50k

Mine is currently $28 a month, but I am going to up my uninsured motorist to it's max and it will run me up to $40 a month.

Reason being - one of my officers was hit from a guy backing out of his driveway. The insurance for the guy capped out and now my officer is having to cover with his uninsured motorist coverage and it's almost capped out as well since he had the lower plan. He has not worked in over 6 months and all his bills are overdue. I don't need to be in that spot!
I totally understand.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yeah I didn't get a big bike because the insurance would be killer as well. I am 25, so I of course get the age discount (I actually confirmed with USAA and Progressive that being 25 DOES lower your insurance thanks to statistics) and having a clean record.

PLUS the MSF course, PLUS defensive driving course, PLUS being military... the discounts piled up, but not enough to consider paying an arm and a leg for insurance on a big bike!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow you guys.. If I wasn't able to get an amazing quote (2k a year) from a corporate policy because of my job, I'd be regularly quoted 3-4k for the Ninja 300. I was actually HAPPY when I got the 2k quote lol. I'm 22, single, pretty good record, have my G for almost 5 years. And yes I did take the MSF course.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
$2,000 a year? DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN

What's a G?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow you guys.. If I wasn't able to get an amazing quote (2k a year) from a corporate policy because of my job, I'd be regularly quoted 3-4k for the Ninja 300. I was actually HAPPY when I got the 2k quote lol. I'm 22, single, pretty good record, have my G for almost 5 years. And yes I did take the MSF course.

Wow that's a lot, but I'd rather pay that then 3-4k any day

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I didn't get a big bike because the insurance would be killer as well. I am 25, so I of course get the age discount (I actually confirmed with USAA and Progressive that being 25 DOES lower your insurance thanks to statistics) and having a clean record.

PLUS the MSF course, PLUS defensive driving course, PLUS being military... the discounts piled up, but not enough to consider paying an arm and a leg for insurance on a big bike!
Yep that msf course helped alot(sad I don't remember anything from it that much)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So if I would have gotten the 600 or 1000, my insurance wold have been higher?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yep that msf course helped alot(sad I don't remember anything from it that much)
I had only been riding a week prior to taking the course, so the information was very very useful to me and also a good heads-up on some of the laws (such as being allowed to run a red light after 2 cycles or 120 seconds). But because I had the basics down it was pretty easy and a "No Duh" scenario.

I will be using the basics that I learned from the course to teach my girlfriend how to ride til she can take the course herself as well. (Like hand always over the clutch, use all fingers to grip the levers, etc.)

I figure, start out learning the correct way, THEN form your habits based off that. A lot better to do it that way than starting off wrong and making it a habit.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
So if I would have gotten the 600 or 1000, my insurance wold have been higher?
Definitely. I quoted myself for a 600 ninja and it was more than double what I pay now. I think because they know people with BIGGER bikes will go faster and do dumber things, like wheelies and etc.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
You know, nothing but a G thang.

Oh and it's also the classification for a licensed car driver in Ontario, Canada. Regular car license is G and bike license is M.

Ohhh, so like G for General. Got it.

And 5 years is kinda inexperienced in the terms of driving to insurance companies I suppose. I have had my license for 10 years now just about, and learners for 9 months before that. Perhaps Canadian insurance companies follow the same deal of lowering your insurance at 25?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ohhh, so like G for General. Got it.

And 5 years is kinda inexperienced in the terms of driving to insurance companies I suppose. I have had my license for 10 years now just about, and learners for 9 months before that. Perhaps Canadian insurance companies follow the same deal of lowering your insurance at 25?
Yep that's what I'm led to understand. And I sure as hell hope so, even though it will be more affordable to me when I'm older and earning more... Funny how the world works.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Heck, I'm 25, clean record, MSF, defensive driving, etc. also (everything you've got, Nod, except for the military discount), and it's still that much. No fault states just suck.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Heck, I'm 25, clean record, MSF, defensive driving, etc. also (everything you've got, Nod, except for the military discount), and it's still that much. No fault states just suck.
Yeah. There's the good and the bad. Here, I couldn't even get a restraining order against a stalker who was threatening me, my child and girlfriend because she was not family or my wife. The commonwealth has a lot of negatives.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts