Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hah. To make you all feel worse, with USAA I have a $0 deductible on my 2015 ZX6R and pay about $400 a year. lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
Do insurance companies scale quoted rates by estimated income? ("Price optimization") To answer my own question, yes they do, and it's illegal in SOME states.

Insurance trends ... "On average, engineers are the most likely people to crash. Lecturers are the least likely."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Do insurance companies scale quoted rates by estimated income? ("Price optimization") To answer my own question, yes they do, and it's illegal in SOME states.

Insurance trends ... "On average, engineers are the most likely people to crash. Lecturers are the least likely."
where'd you get that stat? I get a discount because scientists and engineers are less likely to crash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really don 't understand how they calculate rates...

I pay $75 for my Jeep, $18 for the Ninja, $16 for the SV650 (not sure why cheaper than the Ninja) Monthly

Geico
State: Florida
No accidents, no tickets

·
Registered
731 Posts
Actually true? I'd think engineers way less likely. Most engineers I know are a fairly cautious sort.
I'm also an engineer and very cautious, yet I do explore the performance of the machine due to curiosity ... which is probably what gets us engineers, if statistically true. That must have been some quote from an article, and I didn't reference the source. =/ Sorry I don't know where it's from. All I know is that my insurance quotes are always sky high without any tickets or incidents, and I've never carried full coverage on my cars or bikes due to that. And I don't know if it's due to my career (statistically) or my income (hey we can charge that guy a lot) or both.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts