Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i was involved in an accident got clipped by a car and he fled the scene sadly and my left handle bar is bent and the side left fairings are scratched along with a twisted clutch footpeg. I am based in Perth, Australia and i am on my probationary licence. I made a claim for the bike and i am being charged a AUD$1500 excess and the assesor just called to inform me a quote for the repairs comes up to AUD$3500. I honestly do not get why the high cost as it was mainly a fairing and handle bar damage. I looked up the spare parts and it seemed to come in at AUD$700 +- Personally i am no bike expert but i know a thing or two about fixing stuff. Should i proceed with the claim and just get it sorted? Or should i Withdraw the claim and order parts and fix the bike up on my own? Really put in an unlucky situation here and it sucks i apreaciate your help and advice...

Thank you

·
Registered
463 Posts
if you like spending money, go with the claim, if you want to save some money go with diy,
the thing that is gonna cost you more is the fairing, the handle bar you can get it cheap for a 08-12 ninja 250 from ebay, they are the same, or you can install clip on
for the footpeg , same you can find them on ebay for a 300
why dont you take all the fairings out and assess the damages. like is there anything broken underneath that fairing, etc etc

Reactions: ajtimothy

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's a ridiculous excess! Mine is $800 due to my age otherwise it would have been $400! It's even lower if I had of insured with QBE instead of nrma!
Maybe see how much the parts are first, probably a cheap DIY i recon? even get a second opinion and get it down to a mechanic?

·
Registered
155 Posts
That clutch lever...bend it a little more and you can pass it off as art.

In all seriousness, I'd just DIY for this one here since all the repair work involve cosmetic or peripherals. The most expensive part is the fairing which personally I'd leave it as is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys apprently there are few parts cracked inside and what not so i decided to go for the claim shitty deal But thanks heaps for the advice any recomended crash bars? like them stoppers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts