Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an insurance and got quoted around $1300 for full coverage and since i dont have my class 6 yet only some insurance companies will insure me. So do u guys actually have full coverage on your bikes?

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, I have liability and comprehensive but no collision. However I believe full coverage is mandatory until the bike is paid off in full.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got quoted for 1500$ and by the only company willing to insure me, i guess i was a little lucky with that. I too have full coverage on my bike until it's paid off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did the on line quote with TD insurance, was quoted $645. I phoned them and $645 turned out to be $845, I argued with them about the difference and in the end I got it for $680

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bike is paid off and TD wont insure me because u have to have your class 6. I might not do full coverage i think its not needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yea, full in Ontario. Similar killer rates though. I assume you are under 25. Any priors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Edmonton Alberta Canada class 6 is the class for motorcycles so i still need to do the roadtest to get it. Insurance is mandatory

·
Registered
82 Posts
TD in Ontario only required me to have the M2 license and they gave me no discount for a safety course.
For Ontario, M1 is just a written test, M2 is a small closed course road test, M is a full licence after a full road test that can only be taken after having your M2 for 22 months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alberta got rid of the on lot test in 2009 back then u could choose to do a road test or a a skills test on a lot to get the full license

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I went to renew my insurance on my car, I asked for a quote on a 300. Considering I only have my 6L and it's a small engine, I got quoted $50 a month, full coverage. I'm 22 from Vancouver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I went to renew my insurance on my car, I asked for a quote on a 300. Considering I only have my 6L and it's a small engine, I got quoted $50 a month, full coverage. I'm 22 from Vancouver.
People your age would kill for that rate in Ontario. I'm 22, was quoted $3,500 a year by all the top insurers. I desperately checked with an insurer listed under my company's employee benefits and was quoted $1,900. If not for that I wouldn't be a 300 owner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am with TD and currently paying $370 a year full coverage (1 Million liability, $500 deductable on both collision and comprehensive) for my Ninja 300 non-ABS. Got my M license in the year of 1996 though.
For your info the bang for the bucks 600 class on my profile is not the Ninja 650R but YAMAHA FZ6R.
On the same full coverage as per my Ninja 300, I would have to pay:
$900 for a 2013 Ninja 650R with 2 cylinders
$510 for a 2013 YAMAHA FZ6R with 4 cylinders
The difference on insurance would definitly impact my purchase decision and therefore I am a proud owner of the 300 :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Damn, for $3500 a year you are better off with liability coverage and self insure the rest, maybe a theft rider or something.

I pay $225 / year, full coverage, $500 deductible. 28, two bikes and a car.

Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn, for $3500 a year you are better off with liability coverage and self insure the rest, maybe a theft rider or something.

I pay $225 / year, full coverage, $500 deductible. 28, two bikes and a car.

Dave
What a deal at $225 per year!
I did check with TD on multiple vehicles + home + life discount, if I switch everything over they would have knocked off about $60 to $310 per year for my 300 on one single motorcycle ownership. However I will need to investigate and compare the new ultimate FINAL price from TD on all items with identical terms when my current v+h+l plan getting expired at the other insurance company.
Another reason on my higher rate is due to the fact that I have no motorcycle insurance for last 5 consec. yrs. and thus I am not qualify for another discount.
Anyway, things are generally more expensive in Canada especially after taking the damn HST (13%)into consideration.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went to an insurance and got quoted around $1300 for full coverage and since i dont have my class 6 yet only some insurance companies will insure me. So do u guys actually have full coverage on your bikes?
More than half the year in Edmonton is so cold the bike is garaged and they still want 1300? You wages up there in Canada must be a decent amount more than your USA neighbors to pay for this hobby of ours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts