Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an OEM instrument cluster cover and it will not fit. The upper fairing stay bracket it aftermarket and im assuming its preventing the fairings and instrument cluster cover from properly fitting. Could there be any other reason why its not fitting when its OEM?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I never took that one out, but my experience with fairings is that if they don't fit, keep loosing the bolts of the adjacent parts until you can put all the bolts in place, then start tightening again. Also use windex or soap water to let the plastic parts slide better in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never took that one out, but my experience with fairings is that if they don't fit, keep loosing the bolts of the adjacent parts until you can put all the bolts in place, then start tightening again. Also use windex or soap water to let the plastic parts slide better in place.
I'll try that out. The stay bracket is aftermarket and not make for use with trim/street fairings. When I took it out everything lined up better, thankfully. Also, is there a difference in the ex300 and the 300r? I cant find anything online about the 300r at all and I'm confused why sellers list "ninja 300r" in their titles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts