Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I thought this was supposed to be a super simple installation but...I can't do it.

It comes with 3 pieces:
* the stopper
* the stopper spacer
* the bolt

The stopper spacer is NOT threaded and it's NOT big enough for the bolt to go in. How am I supposed to install this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instructions say to put the bolt through the stopper, through the spacer, and then onto the bike. But the bolt is too big for the spacer. I'm gonna try putting the bolt on my bike w/o the spool. Perhaps they put in the wrong bolt...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK the bolts fit my bike perfectly. It just looks like the spacer is just not manufactured correctly. Not sure if it's just my bad luck or they're all like this...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought my yoshimura stand stopper. I called yoshimura last week and they told me there was a manufacturing problem with the the spacers' inner diameter its off by 1mm. The spacers had to be 10mm in diameter. They are going to send me the new spacers in mail. Yoshimura customer service number is (800) 634-9166 and they are going to ask you for your name and address to send you the new spacers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow yoshimura is really screwing up huh? I have been hearing a lot about their parts not fitting properly, i.e. the rear sets....still waiting on some feedback from the thread for those, kinda lame how companies rush it and put out half ass products for the 300:rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just purchased a set of spools from Yoshimura and the spacers were not correct either. I simply just redrilled them out to the correct size, no sense in waiting a week to get new ones sent to me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Has anyone tried using a 10mm drill bit to make the diameter to spec?sounds easier than phoning and waiting for parts to arrive.if I buy parts,I want them on now.not in a few weeks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just purchased a set of spools from Yoshimura and the spacers were not correct either. I simply just redrilled them out to the correct size, no sense in waiting a week to get new ones sent to me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sorry.I didn't read the entire thread.didn't know you posted this already.
10 points for initiative:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Called Yoshi on 3/27/13 to ask for replacement spacers, they shipped it out on 3/28/13, delivered on 3/30/13, but I got it today 4/2/13 due to slow company mail routing... The new spacers fit. I'm happy now :)

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Called Yoshi on 3/27/13 to ask for replacement spacers, they shipped it out on 3/28/13, delivered on 3/30/13, but I got it today 4/2/13 due to slow company mail routing... The new spacers fit. I'm happy now :)
Cool beans...make sure to use Loctite on the threads...

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts