Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed a luggage rack and at the time the cheapest I could find was the National Cycle Luggage rack for about $120 shipped. Install was easy as you only need to remove the 4 screws for the rear fender, slide in the luggage rack, and use the supplied bolt and washer to bolt it down. I am using it with the Jc Whitney universal hard luggage rack with it. For now everything fits nice and snug. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad you guys like it!

This part bolts to existing holes in the subframe. It's a very sturdy mount.

If you have any questions about how it's mounted specifically, we can email a PDF version of the instruction sheet that we provide with the luggage rack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would have to check with National Cycle since it does use the nuts on the fender. You might be able to but the fender seems to add support to it. You could fabricate a bracket mimic the fender support though from the looks of it depending on your fender eliminator.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Would like to hear more about this neat looking rack. . . Specifically on how much weight it is rated for and also if it will work with a yoshimura fender eliminator.

Guardian how has it served you so far?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered one of these from Revzilla.

It's now going for $109 with free shipping.

The rated load limit is 10LB, but most times if I have something that weighs more than that it will probably also be on the seat so the load limit is not that big a deal for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The rack helps hold a 10 litre fuel can by sharing the load with the pillion seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine arrived last night and was installed pretty quickly. It attaches to the rear subframe where the taillight/turn signal mounts and seems pretty sturdy. Like the way it looks on the bike.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I will probably purchase one of these racks in the near future.How is the rack holding up so far?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nowadays if you search for rear racks from Ebay, you can order Chinese racks for only about 30 euros - is it something like 35USD. Has somebody tried one? Are they weaker or have other problems with quality than the National Cycle rack, which costs three times that much?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts