Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where any step by step instructions are for installing a slip on exhaust? Thinking about giving it a try with the 250r yoshi exhaust

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Very easy install.. yosh claims the 250r exhaust won't fit the 300, yet in the same email they say they have yet to have a 300 in r&d so take that for what its worth.. We know the efi yosh 250r muffler fits the 300. But is the efi muffler the same as the carb'ed muffler?

Just one bolt at the top and a band clamp at the bottom.. Let us know if it works, because that's the exhaust i want :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know where you can get the efi model? I don't know really from an engineering standpoint why it would make a difference. Especially for just a slip on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohhhh ha there's the issue. What do you think, will it fit? I emailed yoshi the other day and they said 6-8 weeks I could check back to see. That's quite a long time. The two bros one is out but IMO I don't think it looks very good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very easy install.. yosh claims the 250r exhaust won't fit the 300, yet in the same email they say they have yet to have a 300 in r&d so take that for what its worth.. We know the efi yosh 250r muffler fits the 300. But is the efi muffler the same as the carb'ed muffler?

Just one bolt at the top and a band clamp at the bottom.. Let us know if it works, because that's the exhaust i want :)
I just bought my friend's 250 yoshi, will post it when its installed on my bike :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
To Give you an Idea check out the two bros site

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-20804&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Kaw-Ninja250R-SO-08.html

Now click on the word "Instructions" just above the listing of Muffler options
This is a PDF document, it explains exactly in great detail how to fit the muffler - I don't think any other brands go to this length of detail for customer information.

Much if not all of this info can be carried over to different brands

Hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.