Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to hit the freeway this weekend, its a 170 mile drive from Fremont, CA to Fresno, CA. It is my first long road trip on a bike, I think i have everything in place, Alpinestar GT Jacket, Padded base layer dainese pants, Rugged kevlar U.S Army cargos, Shoei RF 1100, technik riding boots, Backpack with water and food. Do you guys think i need anything else other than these, any suggestions or opinions, of things to remember list, fatigue busting tips, or check lists ???

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
3 hour ride? Stop at the halfway point to drink, stretch, walk around a bit, hit the can, etc. Stop every hour if you feel tired/distracted.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Check tire pressures,fluids ( oil, coolant etc).
Have plenty of time to get where you are headed, and as old3 posted, stop often, just to stay fresh and focused.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 hour ride? Stop at the halfway point to drink, stretch, walk around a bit, hit the can, etc. Stop every hour if you feel tired/distracted.
In a Car its a 2 hour 45 drive, Do you think i should carry any energy drinks ?

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Padded bike shorts, your perineum will thank you for it.

I've been on my 300 for as much as an hour, and from now on I'm wearing padded bike shorts under my gear for longer rides until I can modify my seat padding or spring for the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Padded bike shorts, your perineum will thank you for it.

I've been on my 300 for as much as an hour, and from now on I'm wearing padded bike shorts under my gear for longer rides until I can modify my seat padding or spring for the Corbin seat.

I installed a LuiMoto gel insert to my seat and it has worked wonders. I can go about 2-3 hours before needing to stretch now:).

To OP; Just be safe and if you are getting store just stop at a gas station and stretch a bit. That always helps:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got my first really long ride coming up next week. Jacksonviile, NC to Norfolk, VA 195 mi. Stay the night then to Fairfax, VA 189 mi. Then back to Jacksonville, NC 333 mi a week and a half later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are there any backroads you can take instead? I would rather go 250 miles on secondary roads than 170 miles on the highway. But if you just need to haul ass and get there, you'll be fine. If you start to feel even a little sleepy, take the next exit and walk it off. You'd be surprised how easy it is to start to nod off on a bike when the ride is boring. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts