Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm amazed at all the talk I got when I told people I was getting a 300...they laughed n joked about how small it was gonna be. No one will want to ride with me. How I wouldn't be able to pass anyone and how people would just laugh at the little bike...

Now that I got it and everyone sees it those same doubters actually like it. They awe at the amount of gas mileage it does. Love the way it looks. And I get compliments everywhere I go about the color. Passed someone the other day, a windy day at that, with ease. Some dudes I work with on another shift even asked me when I'm ready to let them know so we can go riding together.

It just amazes me at the stupidity people have and the fact they think its knowledge when they don't know anything at all. I'm very happy about my purchase and I plan on keeping it. If having a bigger bike means I can go faster, have higher insurance, have less gas mileage, and pay more for a bike then I don't want it. I'd rather just stay in my truck n save that money for something else...

But just thought I'd share this for the people that are indecisive about getting a 300... And to them I say..."do your homework n get what u want, don't listen to others"

·
Registered
21 Posts
So true. I am rather big, 6'1" 235 lbs. even my wife told me i would look funny on a small bike. Even now if other motorcyclists know the size of the engine they laugh. Once they see it they change their minds a little and if I rode with them they might even more. But whatever...I am really happy with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
who's laughing now

I agree with you guys. So many people laughed at me and told me I was crazy to buy such a small bike. Once they saw it in person they changed their tune. Now my buddies want one themselves.

I was slightly worried about not being able to go fast enough and since getting my bike YESTERDAY I am EXTREMLY happy with my purchase. It is more than fast enough. I haven't taken the RPM past 9,000 yet, and can't wait to do so.

Screw all those other guys who talk S*** and don't have a bike. Who's laughing now losers!!

·
Banned
613 Posts
Since I've bought mine there has been about 4 people that are activley pursuing purchasing one. I think there is such a stigma about it that once its broken is really no big deal.

Now I will never stoop to buying a smart car....fawk those things

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The only two people who didn't like my bike after seeing it were true squids anyways. Squid=dumb ass hole who does dangerous things on a motorcycle to me. These "squids" are the same ass hats you see doing 120mph+ on the freeway no matter what the traffic conditions and may or may not wear gear. While those speeds are up and probably beyond my stock bike, I would never know. I wont ridiculously break the law just to keep up and get my jollies off. Done enough low altitude 50' off the deck flying to get all that out of my system. Will probably never see above 85 mph on my bike and am perfectly fine with that. :) All the other bike riders and even some cruiser guys loved my bike and a few want to get one themselves.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I've lost count of how many times I've been asked "Is that a 600.....?". Haha the look on their face when I tell them its a 300 is priceless.

I had a guy on a busa at a gas station come over and have a good look, he honestly though I was kidding him when I said it was a 300. I was told by some friends before I bought the bike that I would have to flog the bike all the time to keep with traffic, boy where they wrong about that.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I've lost count of how many times I've been asked "Is that a 600.....?". Haha the look on their face when I tell them its a 300 is priceless.

I had a guy on a busa at a gas station come over and have a good look, he honestly though I was kidding him when I said it was a 300. I was told by some friends before I bought the bike that I would have to flog the bike all the time to keep with traffic, boy where they wrong about that.
So, that 300 moves huh :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesss! It's crazy! They tell me it looks like a 600 so many times! But the ones that have stuck by my side since day 1 have bikes and actually ride in a club n everyday have told me to get what I want because I'm the one riding it. The ones that don't have a bike n occasonially rode their cousins bike are the ones that were the assholes...

·
Registered
958 Posts
True the Ninja 300 is a smaller bike with a low seat ht. that is perfect for someone about 5'7" like me, but it can accomodate people quite a bit taller or shorter. Also true you would not be able to keep up with some aggressive riders, but very few riders open up their bikes to say 135 mph on a straight road. For most riding in most situations, the 300 would do very well. In fact, it handles the tight curvy roads better than the big bikes as you probably know. I would love to ride with anyone on a 300 even though I do routinely go 135+ on a straight road that I am familiar with and nobody is around but usually only once in a ride and for only about 10 seconds. I sure wouldn't do that if I was riding with someone though. Some people are just pricks. I mentioned before when I had my 300, I went riding with some "cool guys" from a local club. They had a rule.."nothing smaller than 400 ccs" I showed up anyway. Turns out I had to ride like an old guy cause these guys were S.L.O.W. even though they had some big displacement bikes. Of course I waited until after the ride to let them know it was a 300. The head prick said he might have to look into changing that 400 cc or larger rule. LOL

·
Registered
805 Posts
That always happens one of my buddies in particular is about 6 ft 220lbs and he kept saying ah I could never get a bike like that blah blah blah when we finally saw it and sat on it his entire mind set changed and even thought about buying one himself

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have owned much larger bikes in CC's and weight, i have no need/desire/want for them any more. this bike for round town & even long trips is great. i love the fuel economy & how easy it is to ride & the fuel economy. awesome stuff

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was talking to my friend's father last night and he said the only thing to worry about is since the bike is so light, it will be blown around easily by crosswinds or say passing cars.

I've yet to buy my bike, what's the verdict?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was talking to my friend's father last night and he said the only thing to worry about is since the bike is so light, it will be blown around easily by crosswinds or say passing cars.

I've yet to buy my bike yet, what's the verdict?
Any bike will get blown around at some point. You have to learn to adapt. Heck, my 2 ton car gets blown around. Just stay loose and don't death grip the handlebars. Passing cars don't bother me. Winds will sometimes wanna push me around if high enough, but it's not uncontrollable. As long as you squeeze the tank you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
move as far away from the centre line to the side of the road and minimise the effect of draft when a truck goes past in opposite direction. i have 2 road trips on this bike of over 850 kilometers each time.side winds dont bother this bike as much as you think

·
Registered
292 Posts

I've yet to buy my bike, what's the verdict?
The wind gets pretty bad down here near the coast (Florida). My old 1981 gs250 would bog down to around 80 on the highway WOT.
The 300 doesn't seem to require much effort to keep up with 85mph traffic.
Crosswind never moves me more than a quarter of a lane over, I just naturally lean into the wind without giving it any thought and keep going.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was riding around on my R6 the other day, when I pulled up at a stop light next to a white 300 with a "happy tag" on it. I flipped up my visor and yelled, "Awesome Ninja!" He or she waved back like Cool, he's not asking about engine size or making fun of my small bike. Even though they were wearing a full helmet, I could tell they were smiling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts