Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I bought my new ninja about a week ago and I love it. (It's my first sports bike) It's awesome! But soon after buying it the discomfort in my butt quickly started to get very annoying. And now on top of that my right wrist is starting to hurt when I ride over an hour or so. I love this bike but the discomfort I'm feeling is making me start to wish for a standard bike again. Anyone having these problems and any fixes??? Can a person raise the handle bars enough to actually relieve these problems? I'd hate to waste money on raising them and it not fix the problem.

·
Banned
562 Posts
a note i went to cycle gear yesterday looking for bigger grips yes wrist pain anyway they showed me this slider for your grip u roll it with the heel of your hand. its six bucks i bought one ill let u know how it goes

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Is your body used to riding mortorcycles? I notice alot of people on here have never ridden before so their body is not used to it..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wrist pain is typically due to putting too much of your weight on the handlebars and/or gripping the bars too tightly.

I read a good analogy yesterday (can't remember if it was here, GTAM or Reddit) but basically you want to grip the handlebars like a little bird. Not too tight that you'll squish it, not too loose that it will fly away.

You should be holding on to the bike with your knees and thighs, with your elbows bent and forearms more level to the ground.

As for the stock seat, it's not the most comfortable, but I've been fine. It should break in a bit after a while, or you can replace it with an aftermarket seat. Keep your butt further back in the seat too; when I'm riding my tailbone is up against the pillion seat.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I did notice that when I lowered my bike the 1in handle bar risers made it much more comfortable. Maybe bringing the bars a little closer would help u

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
How about posting your size, weight and riding experience. Are you getting on a highway and going straight for an hour or riding local roads, stop & go, country roads?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cant imagine other bikes being more comfortable than a tiny sports bike. A harley maybe?
I started on a naked upright and it was very comfortable. The position of sport bikes is not very comfortable in long distances and it is very easy to put too much weight on your wrist. It is a mistake but you have to train your mid and upper body to keep itself up and not put all the weight on your wrist/handles and grip the tank with your legs. It's a work out and if you aren't use to it, it could bother you.

I think this will be the first used Ninja 300!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Give it a little bit more time. I think your body will get more used to it...if not, i don't think you'll have a tough time selling it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I keep having to remind myself to hold the tank with my knees. What I plan to get, and what I've heard helps alot with keeping your knees on the tank, is a tank grip pad. Because they are less slippery, it's easier to keep your grip and I imagine a little tactile feedback helps remind you. This is different than the tank pad that protects from zippers and belts in the middle. It goes on the sides. I've seen a few I don't like, but I just ran across this company and these look more my style. Gotta ask them to make some for the 300. http://techspec-usa.com

·
Registered
349 Posts
The riding position of this bike is almost standard. Nothing compared to a sport bike. You don't need to squeeze the tank to death to keep from falling off. Put some of your weight on the pegs, firm in the core, light grip on the bars. Ride...

~mike

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I had the same problem because I was slouching. If I push my stomach/gut forward and straighten my back, it relieves the tension/weight on my wrist. Can't help with the butt pain though. I think an hour ride is long. Get a gel seat or something....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I only feel slight discomfort in my left hand/wrist when at a dead stop after many red lights.. I am driving city streets during the break in and avoiding the convenient freeways. The constant grip of holding the clutch in the friction zone to take off once the light is green can make my wrist and hand uncomfortable after about 5-6 stops.. This is just standard I believer with any motorcycle and no fault of the Ninja 300...

Sometimes my butt will be a bit uncomfortable after about 3 minutes of riding, but it is nothing a quick lift and readjustment in the middle of a ride can not resolve...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
rode around the island today. no wrist or butt discomfortation to speak of. i did however have to stand up once in a while and jiggle my lower body to adjust my pants.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i think the seat is very comfortable... waaaaaay better to me than that beat to **** Suzuki GZ250 i used in the BRC, and that was a cruiser seat so idk if it was age or what, but it was horrible... also is what convinced me i don't like cruisers at this point and time. to me it's unnatural to ride a two wheeled vehicle with your feet out in front of you like that...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked up on the Canadian Kawa site and they discribed the Ninja 300 as a sport/touring bike. What is the riding position on this bike? Chin resting on the gas tank to sitting upright?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts