Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
on the nut side of the bolt the threads have a smaller diameter than the thick side. this causes serious inaccuracies when checked with an alignment tool. if you wrap these threads with electrical tape or anything you can think of when on the road this will eliminate the play. since the left side will still have a mm or 2 of play match the play on the right side. i use 3 or 4 wraps. scoot the marked plates forward to be certain they are measuring the same.

· Registered
1 Posts
on the nut side of the bolt the threads have a smaller diameter than the thick side. this causes serious inaccuracies when checked with an alignment tool. if you wrap these threads with electrical tape or anything you can think of when on the road this will eliminate the play. since the left side will still have a mm or 2 of play match the play on the right side. i use 3 or 4 wraps. scoot the marked plates forward to be certain they are measuring the same.
I've heard that you can do this forward or backward....does it matter? I wish i understood this part of the bike better but u cant see whats going on inside. Like is the nut pulling the plate towards the rear? in that case wouldnt it make more sense to slide it backward?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.