Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I got a Ninja 300 and it was sitting for a while but go it to work and running as I recently got the injectors cleaned as well. So I noticed the idle seems off what I mean by that is that it here and there jumps up and down I remember that this was normal before it sat but I am not too sure. I have linked a video I found on YouTube below to show you what I mean. I have ridden it but nothing really happens when riding but when its idling then it happens so not too sure.

I am not sure what causing this if you could let me know what could be the problem that will be appreciated thanks.

Ninja 300 Idle Issue

· Registered
654 Posts
How old is the gas? Old gas or condensation in the tank can affect the idle. Keep the tank full, and use non-ethanol gas if you can.

Low battery voltage or poor connections can produce odd running as well.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey jkv45
Thanks for the reply
So before cleaning the Injectors I actually took out the old fuel and put new fuel in to it but it’s not a full tank (I say about 2 bars of fuel on the dash). Everything seems to be connected fine.

Sometime it will idle fine like stay in a place but then here and there it starts moving.
it also slightly shakes when it happens but when it’s in one place it’s all set.
I’ve also sat on it and put it up right and it still happens
Could it maybe be something to do with the idle screw?

Could it be anything else?

· Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
224 Posts
O2 sensor? If equipt?

Fuel pump, pump screen, fuel pressure?

Electric, is the voltage staying mostly constant? Actual voltage while running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts