Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Icon Reign boots in today, and while the fit and finish for the majority of the boot is fine, the YKK zipper on one boot came off the track and wouldn't zip together after just 2-3 times taking them on and off :(

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-reign-waterproof-boots

Returned these and going with Alpinestars S-MX 5s. While the MSRP of the Icon boots may be appealing, it really isn't worth it, and I highly recommend anyone looking at them just go for entry level Alpinestars or Sidi boots.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really liked the puma shoes I tried on at the show but the zipper was fubar on the one pair I tried on too. it was split in the middle and I wasnt able to get them to self heal by zipping up and down a few times...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I really liked the puma shoes I tried on at the show but the zipper was fubar on the one pair I tried on too. it was split in the middle and I wasnt able to get them to self heal by zipping up and down a few times...
I thought Dainese made the puma motorcycle products? :confused:
...maybe that's just for their jacket.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Puma Testastretta II shoes were the ones I tried on. I have very wide feet and even tho they are "narrow" they were fine. Though they were a size and a half above what I normally wear - but I'm used to that... Stupid wide feet.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/puma-testastretta-ii-mid-boots

I might have been able to fix them if I got really rough with them, tugging on the side that had too many teeth on it. I didn't want to risk destroying them.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
As a general rule if it says Icon on it stay the **** away from it. Unless you're in the military and have to wear a HiViz vest when you're riding. Those are good.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
As a general rule if it says Icon on it stay the **** away from it. Unless you're in the military and have to wear a HiViz vest when you're riding. Those are good.
+1.

Steer clear of ICON.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Since i got into sport bike riding I have always heard stay away from Icon. Did they used to be good at one point in time and then went down hill? I do not know the history on the company..
I don't think they ever were good. They got well-known by sponsoring stunt riders like Jason Britton, Tony Carbajal...etc, but these same stunt riders, as talented as they are, really don't focus on protection.

I've owned ICON products, they feel cheap, and in some instances, literally fell apart (My boots I had from them).

Wouldn't trust them with the skin on my back.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Since i got into sport bike riding I have always heard stay away from Icon. Did they used to be good at one point in time and then went down hill? I do not know the history on the company..
I don't think so, really I just think it's kind of they're image. They're not in racing at all that I know of. Typically Icon's stuff is aimed more towards stunters and just street riding.

Honestly I have no problem with the gear I've had from them before. My first jacket and helmet were actually Icon. I ended up laying my bike down in that stuff too. (Icon daytona leather, and Icon airframe) I got both of those because I got a really good deal though and the helmet was SNELL rated..

I would still wear both the jacket and helmet from time to time, as both held up great from the 40mph lowside.

I like to wear alpinestars stuff now as I didn't really like the stunter image from their gear to begin with... The Icon jacket is more of a straight cut as well, where I prefer the proper tighter race fit from other brands.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't think they ever were good. They got well-known by sponsoring stunt riders like Jason Britton, Tony Carbajal...etc, but these same stunt riders, as talented as they are, really don't focus on protection.

I've owned ICON products, they feel cheap, and in some instances, literally fell apart (My boots I had from them).

Wouldn't trust them with the skin on my back.
Or they just take the big bucks for the endorsement and stand behind **** safety equipment lol or not car about their own safety at the same time too. Daredevils or squid haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.