Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Ninja riders. I'm new to this site (kind of.. I've perused it many times before but only recently registered). Do any of you have any experience trying to go "naked" with your 300? Or going "streetfighter"? I really like the naked/streetfighter look. Anything would help. Thanks :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Street fighter... aka the old "I dropped my sport bike and can't afford new fairings." Although the redesigned front end looks pretty good on Z300 pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've seen the naked version. But I'm looking to have a more custom bike - streetfighter styled headlight, bar end mirrors, smaller (or none at all) windscreen, chopped fairings, fender eliminator, et cetera...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Reactions: nujee and NinJud

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why would you make a street fighter from a new bike? You could just use any old sportbike since your going to be chopping and replacing everything anyway.

·
Registered
839 Posts
^agreed.

I would grab an old bike and do it before I would chop up a brand new one BUT in the end of it all, personal preference plays into this decision.

Just not quite my look :p

I LOVE a nicely done bobber bike...but not out of a street bike.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Besides, a 300 is not really a "fighter", but if you are just going for looks and you like it....then do it. Its not up to us what you do, its up to you..... via i'm painting my white ninja a different color because I want it that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Besides, a 300 is not really a "fighter", but if you are just going for looks and you like it....then do it. Its not up to us what you do, its up to you..... via i'm painting my white ninja a different color because I want it that way.
Good point. To be honest, I was looking for ideas more than anything. I just really prefer the look of a naked bike over a bike with full fairings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^agreed.

I would grab an old bike and do it before I would chop up a brand new one BUT in the end of it all, personal preference plays into this decision.

Just not quite my look :p

I LOVE a nicely done bobber bike...but not out of a street bike.
Yeah, you gotta go with a cruiser if you're going to go in the bobber direction. my idea garage would hold:

Honda Rebel 450 bobber
1970 Triumph Bonneville cafe racer
Ninja 300 naked.. or streetfighter(ish) (only because I already own this one lol)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pre-gen 250 makes for a pretty good street fighter. Plus if you do a little looking you should be able to find one for pretty cheap.

Find one that's been crashed and has busted up fairings. That way you can talk down the price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pre-gen 250 makes for a pretty good street fighter. Plus if you do a little looking you should be able to find one for pretty cheap.

Find one that's been crashed and has busted up fairings. That way you can talk down the price.
That's a good idea. Thanks man

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
always had naked bikes this is my first dressed one and i like it she looks very sexy.lets ride.....
it is definitely a sexy bike.. but i still want to see what she looks like naked... heh heh.. :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
save yer money and buy an older bike to mod or one that is already in that style. If you really have the 300 in your sights and money/time to burn then make sure you post pics!

Seriously though, to do it right would probably require a bit of custom modification and headaches. A lot of sport bikes that I see people try and transition on their own end up looking sorta shoddy. I personally have always like the looks of an old Honda CB500 cafe'd the fuck out. I know its not the same as 'streetfighter' but the older CBs are cheap to buy, maintain, mod and much easier to have them turn out looking original and good.

Here's a link I found to a guy in a forum that did his '08 ninja 250. It can give you an idea of what it might end up like...
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22780

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
save yer money and buy an older bike to mod or one that is already in that style. If you really have the 300 in your sights and money/time to burn then make sure you post pics!

Seriously though, to do it right would probably require a bit of custom modification and headaches. A lot of sport bikes that I see people try and transition on their own end up looking sorta shoddy. I personally have always like the looks of an old Honda CB500 cafe'd the fuck out. I know its not the same as 'streetfighter' but the older CBs are cheap to buy, maintain, mod and much easier to have them turn out looking original and good.

Here's a link I found to a guy in a forum that did his '08 ninja 250. It can give you an idea of what it might end up like...
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22780

Yeah I LOVE me a good cafe racer.. The old Honda CBs are good. I really want a 1970 Triumph Bonneville cafe'd out.. That would be sick. Thanks for the pics :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts