Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Seen that a guy used roaring toyz links and they fit perfect, I believe the roaring toyz kit is exactly the same as the kit you posted.

The problem is depending on how much you drop it you will have to change the kickstand out, and the roaring toyz kit does not fit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the bike is already set up so you can just lower it without needing anything extra. I think. Don't take my word for it, 'cause I'm just quoting a supposition made during my boyfriend's initial "What mods can we make to this baby" inspection.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The supension has 5 setting but that's to make the supension soft or hard. It doesn't lower it. I'm just planning on doing a 2-1/2" drop. I'll check out the roaring toy kit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'd imagine you would want to lower it all around. Not sure if changing the weight distribution like that would be a good idea. But I've never lowered a bike so what do I know.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Test the lowest preload setting on the shock. It will affect the actual height of the bike with a rider's weight on it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the roaring toyz lowering kit. Lowered 1in in the back and front and comes with a kickstand. I have noticed no downsides to it. It makes a huge difference in comfort.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
The only benefit to a lowered Ninja 300 is the ability to put both feet down when stopped for smaller riders. The actual comfort of the bike as far as the fit while riding is unchanged. With a lower bike comes less cornering clearance.

Being able to touch with both feet is a confidence thing, with proper training and practice a moderate to reasonably athletic rider should overcome this very quickly.

My advice to smaller riders is to practice the one foot plant by cheating an arse cheek to the side of the seat. One solidly placed foot is better than 2 on tippy toes.

Experience gleaned from teaching many kids to ride dirt bikes that they couldn't touch both feet on.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The only benefit to a lowered Ninja 300 is the ability to put both feet down when stopped for smaller riders. The actual comfort of the bike as far as the fit while riding is unchanged. With a lower bike comes less cornering clearance.

Being able to touch with both feet is a confidence thing, with proper training and practice a moderate to reasonably athletic rider should overcome this very quickly.

My advice to smaller riders is to practice the one foot plant by cheating an arse cheek to the side of the seat. One solidly placed foot is better than 2 on tippy toes.

Experience gleaned from teaching many kids to ride dirt bikes that they couldn't touch both feet on.
Yea I can ride with the one foot plant fine and did it for a while. It still sucks compare to my 1in lowering kit. Maybe if I was riding this bike on the track or something that would all matter but for me. Def like it lower. The less cornering clearance I will never notice. I think its safe to say if anyone is trying to lower the bike they are not going to track it and will never scrape a peg

Its actually more comfortable cause the bars are 1in higher and closer to you.
Also I hit about 5 red lights on my way to work every day. Its a big plus for me.... and backing out of spots +

·
Registered
554 Posts

Yep great advice. Unless you really have to lean over alot to flat foot one foot then maybe you should look in to lowering. You would have to be like 4 foot tall or have miniature legs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts