Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to get an alarm system (SPY 5000m)?

Hi everyone,

I want to get an alarm system fr my new bike and after doing research I came across the SPY 5000m, and wanted to get some advice on whether or not it is a good system. I really like the automatic start stop feature. As for the price I can pick it up off of amazon for $100 shipped and have a local dealer do the whole install for $150. so a total of $250 installed with the start stop feature.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice on why or why not I should get this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've only had alarms on cars before but 250 seems like a god price but any alarm is just going to be a deterrent. I would just get one of those sound making wheel locks and if you really want to feel sage invest in lo jack.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to get an alarm system fr my new bike and after doing research I came across the SPY 5000m, and wanted to get some advice on whether or not it is a good system. I really like the automatic start stop feature. As for the price I can pick it up off of amazon for $100 shipped and have a local dealer do the whole install for $150. so a total of $250 installed with the start stop feature.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice on why or why not I should get this?

Thanks

I had one on my buell, the alarm itself is great. I could not figure out the remote start function. It would only work with the key in the on position and that kind of defeats the purpose. But I have seen that alarm system work on different bikes. Give it a try and if you do document it so we can have a guideline on how to do it...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts