Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I am looking at purchasing a new 300 (black abs) I was wondering how it is on long and short rides? Also what speed is the bike the most comfortable (point of to much vibration wise)

I am 20 years old and I currently have a 2008 Yamaha tw200. I love it was my dirt bike until I could ride on the streets, now its both! Its fun, light, and has lots of low end power! However it is the wider back tire version so its not so good at higher speeds, 55mph is about all its got and there is a ton of vibration. but it rides really comfortable at 40-45mph.

I drive about 15 min to work everyday, one steep hill the rest is a bit curvy, perfect for bikes! I would like to go on longer rides 100+ miles 65-70mph highway? (road trips to family cabin, that sort of thing) so im wondering what you guys think, how would it fit me?

Thank you for any advice!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello, the 300 is an amazing bike. You'll be pleased with it.

There are a bunch of threads about how it does on short and long distance rides. Fishdip is currently planning a long ride from Colorado to Arizona. Check out some of the previous posts.
:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello All

I am looking at purchasing a new 300 (black abs) I was wondering how it is on long and short rides? Also what speed is the bike the most comfortable (point of to much vibration wise)

I am 20 years old and I currently have a 2008 Yamaha tw200. I love it was my dirt bike until I could ride on the streets, now its both! Its fun, light, and has lots of low end power! However it is the wider back tire version so its not so good at higher speeds, 55mph is about all its got and there is a ton of vibration. but it rides really comfortable at 40-45mph.

I drive about 15 min to work everyday, one steep hill the rest is a bit curvy, perfect for bikes! I would like to go on longer rides 100+ miles 65-70mph highway? (road trips to family cabin, that sort of thing) so im wondering what you guys think, how would it fit me?

Thank you for any advice!
Hello , welcome! Well I have the black (non abs model) and I love every minute of it. The cruising at high speed is no problem, there are some days where traffic flow is around 80-85 down here in fl (in the left lane) and i just cruise around 85-90, my bike never went passed 114 mph. I take a 11 mile trip each way to school every day which is comfortable and no problem, there are a few hills, curves as well as straights.... As with any sportbike, long trips are somewhat annoying but no problem as long as you can suck it up. I took a 119 mile trip (each way) to daytona bike week which was no problem. Overall you got a great beginner bike which can handle any highway cruising speed and is very forgiving. I actually plan on upgrading in a month or so to a super sport.

P.S got mine in late november, got around 6,2xx miles on it

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the 300 on a long ride is magic kit. i took delivery of my bike friday janurary 25 2013. come sunday 27th janurary i had just over 850 kilometers on the clock & i achieved this on highway trip to Cairns & surrounding area.

the bike will do it comfortably, the question you need to ask yourself is, can *YOU* do it

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I hear over and over again about sport bike discomfort on these. The 300 is a standard motorcycle with sport bike looks only. There is no heavy pressure on your arms, no kink in your neck and no severe bend in your back. It is as near a straight up, normal standard seating position as you can get.

Comfort isn't an issue, especially when you move the foot controls back an inch or two.

Vibration will not even enter your mind compared to a TW200, at any speed or RPM. Forget about that, not a concern at all compared to your last bike.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I hear over and over again about sport bike discomfort on these. The 300 is a standard motorcycle with sport bike looks only. There is no heavy pressure on your arms, no kink in your neck and no severe bend in your back. It is as near a straight up, normal standard seating position as you can get.

Comfort isn't an issue, especially when you move the foot controls back an inch or two.

Vibration will not even enter your mind compared to a TW200, at any speed or RPM. Forget about that, not a concern at all compared to your last bike.

this is so true, this bike is a sports tourer its that comfortable off the show room floor its not funny, having said that i have handebar raisers on the way only because of my back, but its not a sports bike with clipons and all the weight on your wrists like just about so many other sports bikes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts