Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve stripped the threads every single bolt hole for the mirrors/windshield. Can I fix this with a thread chaser? If so, what size? If not. What’s the best way to fix it?The screws go halfway in.I’ve applied a lot of pressure on them trying to tighten the mirrors so I’m afraid I might have misaligned the whole thing
Composite material Gas Bathroom Sink Circle

Water Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Gadget Tints and shades Circle Rectangle Composite material

· Super Moderator
808 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A new thread may work. Those bolts are 5mm diameter and there is some metal around the threads. You can try 6mm. You may have to enlarge the holes in the fairings and mirrors too.

Second option. Those attach to threads in the front subframe. Check if you can use a passing bolt and put a nut on the other side. Try to pass through a long 4mm. You'll have to remove the fairings and head light to check that.

Digging deeper, you can replace the whole subframe. You may find a cheap on eBay. The subframe (stay) is bolted to the frame, not welded.
2013 Kawasaki NINJA 300 (EX300ADF) Cowling | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House
Check part# 39137-0565-18R

Last resource would be to get a bar end mirror and plug those holes. :)

· Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
224 Posts
I vote for a used stay, it would be the right way to fix it.

My question is how did the OP strip them in the first place?

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Cross threaded, got it.

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Best bet is to get a used fairing stay, and new bolts. Also a dab of Anti Seize Lubricant

Personally I'd go stainless steel hardware.

· Registered
158 Posts
Is there enough meat on the back that you could use longer bolts with washers and nuts? If so you could run a drill bit through the holes just to clean them up to be able to use the largest bolts possible. Just a thought I had, I've never had my fairing stay off so don't know if it would work...

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FIXED: bought the product below and carefuly taped each thread using some old motor oil as lubricant and an adjustable wrench to turn the tap. No need to use the drill bit. Thank you everyone for the input. They quoted me $300 at the shop, this was free thanks to the US amazing refund policy.
Font Rectangle Parallel Brand Screenshot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts