Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I'm not here to rub in the fact that I own a CB500F, in fact I'm here to do just the opposite.

You see, I bought a CB500F 2.5 weeks ago and I picked it up about 5 minutes before the Shop was closing (I was psyched to be moving from a CBR250R to the CB500F) and drove it right off the lot.

Well, after driving it off the lot and hitting the highway (literally 150 feet from the dealership) I headed home and realized that my Bike had an issue when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and from 2nd to 1st. I would chalk this up to the Revs but, it didn't matter how fast I was going, it took 3 clicks on the pedal to get it to go into either gear and it was as if the pedal wasn't even attached the first two clicks.

So, I call them the next day and tell them that the Bike isn't acting right and they tell me to bring it in. The service rep rides the bike and confirms that something is going wrong with the bike but, tells me to keep it and they will call the Tech Line in California to see what they want them to do. This happens and they tell them to order several parts for the bike and tell me bring it back when the parts arrive.

1 Week into owning the Bike, the parts arrive and I drop the bike off.

1 Week after dropping the bike off, I'm not hearing anything but, we'll call you when your bike is fixed. WHAT??? Seriously? This was right out of the Crate the day I bought it! I voice my frustrations to the service department and they tell me that they replaced the parts and it didn't solve the problem.

The next day, my wife calls to talk to the store manager and he listens to her and then passes her off to the Service Manager where she vents her frustration as well.

An Hour Later, I get a call telling me my bike is ready and the Mechanic took it for a second test drive only and he's confirmed it is working within Honda's defined tolerances. So, I'm told it is fixed and I can pick it up anytime!

Jump to the Next day (Today) where I pick the bike up on the way to work and jump on the highway. I cannot tell if it is fixed at that point because you see, there's very little downshifting on a 15 mile jaunt down the highway. So, after work I get on the bike and take it for a ride only to find that the Bike is in fact not fixed!

7:15 PM this evening, I call Honda Customer service explaining that they have had the bike nearly as much as I have and they've made no improvements to the condition at all. Then I explain that I don't think them exchanging the bike is unreasonable at all considering it has been broken since the day I bought it! He explains to me that Honda doesn't work like that, that's why they have a warranty and they will fix it... I ask him when? 20? 30? 40? days from now! He said, he couldn't answer that and stated that the warranty is to fix the bike. Finally I explain that I'm going to call the State Attorney General to see what protection I'm afforded and he basically says okay and good bye.

With that said, if you're debating between a Honda CB500F, CBR500R, or CB500X and the Ninja 300 or Ninja 650... GO WITH ONE OF THE NINJAS!

Honda's customer service sucks and they don't deserve your business.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Wow they didn't test ride it when they prepared it?

·
Registered
865 Posts
kawasaki customer service isnt much better unfortunately

Yeah I think thats a corporate structure thing.. Kawa sucks too... I think you got a lemon... i have heard nothing but good reviews for that bike, none of which mention you problem, but! never know could be like our bikes who had a head bearing problem right out of the factory!!! Or the downshifting stall issue, or the fairings popping out issue. etc....

=/ I wish you the best of luck dude! I hope you get the bike that you wanted, even if you have to fight for it! Make it right, no matter what, dont give up! you paid for a bike that functions properly, dont let them push you off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think thats a corporate structure thing.. Kawa sucks too... I think you got a lemon... i have heard nothing but good reviews for that bike, none of which mention you problem, but! never know could be like our bikes who had a head bearing problem right out of the factory!!! Or the downshifting stall issue, or the fairings popping out issue. etc....

=/ I wish you the best of luck dude! I hope you get the bike that you wanted, even if you have to fight for it! Make it right, no matter what, dont give up! you paid for a bike that functions properly, dont let them push you off.
Oh believe me, I'm going after them but, I question if I will buy another Honda.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Check if your state has a lemon law and if you can use it in your favor. Just sounds like it's a lemon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts