Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use this thread as a circle jerk where we sing the praises of the Ninja 300.

Story time:
Today I took my bike in for the 600mi service and sat on some bikes to kill time. This is me stepping back into the store with 600+mis of saddle experience. I'm certainly several magnitudes more knowledgeable about bikes today than I was when I first stepped into a dealer. I'm not that wet behind the ears. My hands, legs, eyes, butt, and tongue (don't ask) knows what to feel for now.

So I sat on all the bikes that I thought I'd consider for a 2nd bike. So first off, I jumped on a Ninja EX650. Very comfortable and comparable to our little 300. The seat height is a slightly higher, but not by much (I'm 5'7'' with 30in. inseam so I'm quite sensitive to seat height). The styling leaves somethings to desire though; relative to our little 300.

Next was the ZX6R. Great looking bike. SUPER uncomfortable compared the to 300. Then it was the CBR600r. Again, I can't imagine commuting on a super sport, and this observation alone dissuaded any thoughts of buying a super sport for commuting purposes. If I ever get to the point where I'm tracking large bikes, then maybe, but for road going purposes, my 300 is brilliant.

I considered sitting on some cruisers, but then my senses slapped me back into reality :eek:

Bonus round: I saw the CBR250 Repsol and gave it butt-to-seat treatment. This was the bike that I was convinced would be my first baby before the 300 rolled in looking like the bombshell new girl in your class. First impression: EXCELLENT fit and finish (compared to my 300). Second impression: this thing feels like a scooter/bicycle. It feels very light and can imagine issues with wind and top speed stability/capabilities. Third impression: my 300 is prettier even with the CBR's fancy Repsol color scheme.

My final conclusion: The Ninja 300 is the perfect bike for me. It's a winner as a commuter and a looker too. It's a great little bike to toss around twisties and it's very forgiving like the wife you wish you had :D . In regards to purchasing the 300, I regret NOTHING. I don't imagine I'll be selling it in my lifetime. Sentimental value and practical value is simply too dayum high!

Why do you love your little Ninja?

·
Registered
463 Posts
yeah the 300 is an amazing bike, 2 things that i dont like right now is soft brake since it is so light i get side winds when i go down the highway or maybe is me living in a windy place lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i love it cause it's a MOTORCYCLE... as opposed to NO MOTORCYCLE

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i love my 300, i had put up over 2000 kilometers within 3 weeks of owning it, mostly from doing 2 weekend trips & doing over 850 kilometres each time.
A highly under rated sports tourer, very comfortable & i even did a stint with a fuel range of 3.3 litres per 100 kilometres travelled on it.
I get a laugh everytime someone asks what size it is and i tell them to guess and every 1st guess i hear is 600 cc. lol

this is a fantastic bike for rookies & seasoned riders and so highly under rated its not funny.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Gas milage, cheap, and I'm going to love throwing it in my friends faces when i pass their 600's in the twisties

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I love mine because just seeing how sexy it looks makes me happy and excited haha. Don't get me wrong, my beat-up pre-gen 250 was still fun to ride, but it's appearance left something to be desired. Shiny things make me happy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I agree. I was first going to get the 650 however I decided to go with a cbr250 or the 300 for lower cost of ownership for my first bike. The Honda did seem like it was put together better overall, but the 300 looked better and felt better to sit on. Once I read of the performance advantage the 300 had it was a no brainer. After a month of riding it I know it was my perfect first bike.

Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
My experience has been the same as with Cruizin: every time people see the bike and ask me what model/size it is, they usually guess 600. Everyone is always surprised to hear it is a 300.

As everyone has already said, it sips gas, so it is a great commuter, but it also has great speed/acceleration and can do well on highways. I am loving every minute of it. No issues, or complaints, and so far, I seem to have lucked out with a model that doesnt have the fairing issue, or the stall problem. Maybe I simply lucked out with a later production unit. Or, maybe I'm just plain lucky.

The possibilities for modding are endless, although I expect to keep it mostly stock, for now. I am inclined to order an M4 slip on, as I don't want to have to mess with taking apart the fairings to do a full exhaust install, or to have to install a Power Commander unit to remap the bike to improve performance. And, besides, if you followed my other thread, you know I just bought a second bike (Ducati Monster 696) that I can use whenever I want extra power and performance.

But, seriously, this little Ninja is AWESOME. Now that the weather here (NJ) should start improving soon, I expect I will hardly ever ride my car. :cool:

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm 5'7" too. The Street Triple r and Gsx-1000 are two fast bikes with low seat heights. Both have seat hts. the same as the Ninja 650r which is 31.7 inches. There aren't many. Ducati Monster is fairly low too. Eventually you may want a faster bike. Seat height is extremely important for newer riders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts