Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Ninja 300 back in 2013 I felt limited to when I could ride. Since I WGATT I needed to carry my shoes for work as well as other items in a backpack. I never found this to be very comfortable. On days I decided to take a long trip, I didn't have a place for my phone or even a water bottle. One day I was on the forum and a start-up company was looking to make a prototype for the Ninja 300. I let them know I was interested and tested it on my bike. Their system is called Shrike Mounts. I had never purchased any other bag system before this because of the way the other bags mount to the bike. (Most look like they would shift and possible could damage my bike.) The Shrike Mounts use the passenger peg mounts to secure the bags to the bike. The bags do not touch the bike anywhere else. I have been so impressed with them. They are secure and solve my work and leisure riding needs. I like them so much that when I upgraded to the Ninja 650 last year, I purchased a set for that bike. I am not being compensated by the company. I just want to share how much I like their system and how it solved a problem that allows me to ride the bike more frequently.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like these. They have a low profile that does not take away from the bike. I typically use a little cargo net to secure a small lunch bag to the seat. It's hard enough to swing my little legs over the seat. When I have "cargo" it is especially difficult. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
78 Posts
These are nice but can you still have passenger pegs? Especially once the saddle bags are mounted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those are very streamlined! Good find!

I needed a greater carrying capacity for touring, and chose a Givi set up for the same reasons - solid mounting that won't slip around and damage the bike. If you're ever interested in greater carrying capacity, Givi makes a great bag setup for the Ninja 300.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Those are very streamlined! Good find!

I needed a greater carrying capacity for touring, and chose a Givi set up for the same reasons - solid mounting that won't slip around and damage the bike. If you're ever interested in greater carrying capacity, Givi makes a great bag setup for the Ninja 300.

You should post some pictures of the Givi set up that you have. If you don't post pictures around here, it actually never happened.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts