Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been shopping around for a white 300 and they are getting quite hard to find around here (Chester County/Philly area). The closest I came was an Ebony for $5915 OTD.

Then tonite I found a dealership with a white one on consignment from a previous customer. This White 300 has 225 miles on the clock, a gorilla alarm system (not sure exactly which model yet), and a Full Two Bros Carbon Exhaust for $4951 OTD. The catch is there is no Power Commander installed yet. I can have them take the Two Bros Full exhaust off and put the stock on and the bike will then be $4451 OTD. The Alarm stays no matter what I decide.

I have already put a deposit on this bike site unseen as it seemed like an excellent opportunity that I did not want to miss out on. Especially since they are only getting harder to find and I've been told by 3 dealers that Kawi is having trouble filling orders for them in a timely fashion.

The question is, do I keep the Two Bros Carbon Full (extra $500) and pick up a PC5 somewhere? Or do I say screw it and take it as stock and pick up the loud ass "8 Delkevic or 9" Delkevic slip-on that I originally intended ($195-$249)?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Buy it with stock pipe and get the pipe you want. Good deal. Warranty should transfer too.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
you dont necessarily need pc. just get it with the two brothers exhaust

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know what I'd do...put the stock exhaust back on and leave it on and save the $500. I paid $5800 OTD for my SI ABS. The 300's seem to be plentiful down here in NC.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They told me I didn't need the pc5 as well but I thought that with a full exhaust it was necessary in order for the air/fuel and timing to be in tune?

My exhaust/tuning knowledge comes only from turbo subarus so it obviously could be very different, haha:D

·
Registered
463 Posts
is a full exhaust, is recommendable to put a tuner, area p tuner or pc5, whatever you like.
what ever you decide, if you really want a full exhaust in the future, stay with with TB and put a tuner, if all you need is a slip-on, they tell them to put a stock exhaust and buy a slip on later on...

·
Registered
463 Posts
They told me I didn't need the pc5 as well but I thought that with a full exhaust it was necessary in order for the air/fuel and timing to be in tune?

My exhaust/tuning knowledge comes only from turbo subarus so it obviously could be very different, haha:D
if you leave it with a full exhaust and no tuner , it will run lean and over time it will damage ur engine...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buy it in stock form and see if you can get the extended warranty with the money you save..... Just an idea.. I have the 9" delkev with baffle and I'm pretty happy.

If the engine is jacked from the full pipe at least youll have 5 years to find out and plus peace of mind....

·
Registered
463 Posts
In your opinion would running it like this for 225 miles be too much?
nah, dont think so, unless it was running always on the rev limiter (aka track bike) and even that 225 miles is not alot
when i said over time is maybe 8k to 10k miles, maybe lower , maybe higher, depends how hard you run the engine

·
Registered
630 Posts
if you leave it with a full exhaust and no tuner , it will run lean and over time it will damage ur engine...
It will run hotter. It's not going to damage your engine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
is running hotter cuz is running leaner, it can damage the engine overtime, like internals seals, piston rings, etc etc...

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Ummmmm not true at all. Lean conditions can create detonation which in turn can create abnormal cylinder pressure. Lean is not what you what your engine to be running.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Kiddies kiddies, lets not turn it into another tuner he said she said..........

Safe to say that you will require one with a full system if you want to get the full potential from it, individual choice as to which one you want to buy as they all do the same thing, yet are all slightly different in the accessories that you can utilise.

I have an Area-P, cruizin has a PC5.

We both have the same great big smiles on our faces when we ride. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts