Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my baby today! I feel like an idiot because I've been riding all day with my brother and his bud and at the end of the night going up the drive way I lost my footing an balance and bam down she goes. Nothing serious my gear shifter is bent it so ill probably just order a new one. I gently dropped her so nothing on the fenders. Does anyone know if the transmission would be messed up? That's what I'm worried about.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You'll be fine. I dropped mine the other day. Lady peeled out of her driveway and almost hit me. I stopped mid point in a turn. Not enough time to straighten out the bars. Gravity won.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Damn man... what's with everyone dropping their 300s? I haven't come anywhere close to dropping mine.

Glad that's all the damage she took and you're okay!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! and I've never dropped my 600 and my brother was looking at me and he's like "wtf man, how do you even drop that bike? Your taller than me!" He's giving me shit now lol. It is a sad moment in my life hahaha

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Was this your first "accident?" Now you can say it's over and done and you've had yours! Now you're a statistic!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The statistic of coming to a stop on the drive way and falling over. I'm glad it wasn't worse than it is. It's just dealing with my brothers crap all day and for the rest of my life hahaha.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Actually I think 2 more members have dropped their bike in the driveway, one in the parking lot, one in the backyard... hmmm lol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The 300 is relatively top heavy. Probably has something to do with it. These aren't the easiest bikes to balance at 0mph.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think it's the fuel tank. The bike holds a lot of fuel considering it weighs less than other bikes. Makes it top Heavy and the fuel pushes it around a little bit

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Its no big deal it will happen to every single rider new or old. Gravel under foot put your foot down wrong all this can lead to you droping it.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I dropped my ZX-6R in my garage once. I didn't put my kickstand down all the way and the bike and I went down right into my race bike. I felt like an asshole, but everything was fine.
You'll get over it pretty quick once you realize you're not alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts