Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am buying a new ninja 300 abs 2015 green. I looked around and I found one dealer in Los angeles California, offering $5500 OTD including my crazy 19% APR.

I will go to my bank and ask them to give me a better credit because the 19% is their credit company rate. The salesperson told me that if I get approved from my bank, they can work on the price for a little bit lower. So how much should I expect and how much should I force them? Technically, from their stand point, I am buying cash.

I also know there is a OTD section but that one is not that active so I opened another thread. Thanks! :emot-worship::emot-worship::emot-worship::emot-worship:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello guys, I am buying a new ninja 300 abs 2015 green. I looked around and I found one dealer in Los angeles California, offering $5500 OTD including my crazy 19% APR.

I will go to my bank and ask them to give me a better credit because the 19% is their credit company rate. The salesperson told me that if I get approved from my bank, they can work on the price for a little bit lower. So how much should I expect and how much should I force them? Technically, from their stand point, I am buying cash.

I also know there is a OTD section but that one is not that active so I opened another thread. Thanks! :emot-worship::emot-worship::emot-worship::emot-worship:
Yes, that is a VERY GOOD price. Could you get it lower, possibly but for a 2015 ABS model, that's a superb value. Most purchasing a non-abs are/were paying $5000+ OTD so if you want ABS, and I say for that price you should, get it.

But since you said they COULD lower it, talk it down to $5200 and see what they do. I doubt you will get it for that but who knows. Keep us posted and good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
19% APR is outrageous! Definitely call a few banks, once you get the number from the bank, give the motorcycle dealer a lower number, it is negotiable! The dealer wants to do the financing because not only will the salesman make a commission on the bike, but he gets a finders fee from the financing company to do the deal. So he is hungry. Best of luck.

Edit: I quickly googled "motorcycle finance rates" and saw this, there are others:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_loan_motorcycle_main?akredirect=true

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to see my bank (wells fargo) today in few hours. The sales guy told me that if I get it from the bank, they will treat the check as cash since kawasaki gets paid immediately (he explained bunch of stuff but mostly mambo jambo).

From what he told me, 500 down and 5000 financed with 19% apr can be done if I sign "RIGHT NOW!" and he would talk to his "manager" to finalize the deal. When I said "never mind that ridiculous APR", he said "please check with your bank and bring their "approval" papers here so they could finalize the deal and lower the price. (he saw me sitting up, I used mighty force of "never mind", he acted like a sales person not to lose the sale apparently.) Also, he said this price is a "rebate" price. I got 5550 from another dealer and told this dealer 5500 and he said he could work this price. I am pretty sure I will get it around it, but $100 less wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: He just texted me asking if I talked to my bank. I told him to wait. I know how aggressive and greedy the sales people can become. So I am playing the shy girl.

PS: asaulo1, I PM'd you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Side note: This is a Green classic look ninja. Not SE. They also have white for the same price. Also 2014 brand new white/black SE model for 3999+ dealer fees which could be negotiated. (non abs)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks my man. I don't understand either. Also I don't understand yamaha for not bringing R3 with abs to U.S.

Even though they have the badass looking SE's, I would go for the green ninja! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw that one. Unfortunately they are not ABS model and 2014. (doesn't matter.) Abs is roughly $500 difference and being 2015 is better for selling when I want to upgrade. So technically, drive+2014+non-abs costs me more than $5,000... Thank you for pointing though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's a fantastic price. I paid the same amount for my 2013 back in October '12 (it had JUST come out) and it did not have ABS. But yeah, get a better interest rate and finagle the price a bit since they're willing to work with you.

Reactions: residue

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you don't have the money don't fucking spend it... what's wrong with you?

American ideology I suppose..

If he wants to finance it, let him be about it. Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean everyone should too.

Reactions: residue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If you don't have the money don't fucking spend it... what's wrong with you?

American ideology I suppose..
Hello my friend. I have a secure job and have enough savings to drop $5k on a bike. But what you call "American Ideology" is forcing me to finance so I can build a nicer credit and buy the things I dreamed of; like when I want to move in a nicer apartment, buy a house, lease a car for instance. I cannot skip a chance to build while I am buying relatively big like this. APR was high because of the dealer, my bank is offering %10 or lower (since it is a recreational vehicle, the APR goes higher).

I don't remember saying "I don't have money and this is why I will finance it". If you pay everything cash, you will not have enough credit and you are literally screwed if you don't.

I suggest you be more calm and peaceful, this attitude would hurt you in the streets.

EDIT: $5000 loan comes with $400 (roughly) interest, which is acceptable when you pay it in 24 - 48 months. The interest is just increasing $5 - $8 a month ($200 payment), but in return I will have a strong credit. Imagine trying to buy a car which would cost you $40,000 in cash. You would pay in 48 months, wouldn't you? If your credit is bad, you will pay $50,000 (including the interest.). But if your credit is good, you get 0% APR or as low as 3-5%. Which means, I pay $400 to save $10,000 in the future. And I'll have the convenience of moving to the apartments I want.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I saw that one. Unfortunately they are not ABS model and 2014. (doesn't matter.) Abs is roughly $500 difference and being 2015 is better for selling when I want to upgrade. So technically, drive+2014+non-abs costs me more than $5,000... Thank you for pointing though.
You're not going to get an extra $1000 for your 2015 compared to the 2014 when you sell the bike.

If ABS is not a necessity for you, I'd buy the 2014 for $4000 before the 2015 for $5500.

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You're not going to get an extra $1000 for your 2015 compared to the 2014 when you sell the bike.

If ABS is not a necessity for you, I'd buy the 2014 for $4000 before the 2015 for $5500.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately 2014 that we are talking about is not ABS. Abs is important for me for its convenience and safety. No matter which year I choose, it will be an ABS model. At the moment there is only 2015 abs. I would love to pay $4000 for 2013 abs used or new, but there isn't any.

Also, 2014 non-abs is not $4000, it is $4995 which is technically $5000(year difference, non-abs, driving to san diego total is way more than $500 when you calculate.)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I agree with Dave. I would buy the 2014 bike to save $1500. This is especially true if I already have the intent to upgrade (even before I have the bike).

My Opinion from personal experience: unless I will be riding in the rain often, ABS will not kick in often. Even in rain, abs does not kick in as I make sure I am riding extra smooth.

So if I knew I would be upgrading in a year, I would save the $1500 up front now. But it's totally your call.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree with Dave. I would buy the 2014 bike to save $1500. This is especially true if I already have the intent to upgrade (even before I have the bike).

My Opinion from personal experience: unless I will be riding in the rain often, ABS will not kick in often. Even in rain, abs does not kick in as I make sure I am riding extra smooth.

So if I knew I would be upgrading in a year, I would save the $1500 up front now. But it's totally your call.
Thank you. I am inclined to buy the $4000 bike but I am scared of skidding and hurting myself. I talked to many many riders and instructors (as well as online videos) and I am convinced ABS is a must for a beginner. Don't you think $1500 is a good price to pay for a little bit more safety?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

Especially reading these:

http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/documents/masterfiledocs.ashx?id=2042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_UkAFW6cA
https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/3jds29/why_do_such_few_motorcycles_have_abs_what_are/

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.