Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a sweet leather jacket (Teknic Chicane - black version - http://www.teknicgear.com/jackets/chicane-leather-jacket), I wanted to spend a bit so I got a good quality jacket. Only thing I bought it was sort of an impulse decision and now I'm unsure whether or not I like the idea of having the hump on there.

The main benefit that ran through my mind when I bought it are it provides another couple of inches of padding around my neck/spine area, and since ive fractured two verterbrae before so the more protection the better imo.
Negatives are it sometimes has a "try hard" stigma and I obviously dont need the areo-dynamic benefits that they're known for since most of my riding will be riding on local roads on my 300 as a newbie rider.

Anyway, whats your opinion of jackets with humps?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
your back & your body, wear what ever you feel comfortable riding with mate. forget about what others think and look after yourself, your back included. once your back is stuffed, there aint much that can be done for it even now day with all the fancy surgery we have

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My only real stigma is that it makes you stand out in a crowd a bit more. Bit I wouldn't worry. Any other sport bike rider would recognize what it's for and not think much of it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The hump is just a motorcycle thing like sliders on the shoulders of the jacket, It says you are a rider, but not in an obnoxious way. As far as protection, it's not going to help that much, you should be wearing a back protector. Some jackets have pockets for them so you can add them in if it doesn't come with on, or you can get one that just straps on under your jacket.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The only reason I didn't buy this same jacket is because I often wear a backpack while riding. I wouldn't worry about it at all, the opinions of others don't matter.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a hump on my leather alpinestar and at first i felt like a dick on such a small upright bike and id wear my summer alpine jacket because of it but at the end of the day its safety first and i feel safer in my leather jacket then my textile jacket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts