Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how to get both headlights to have hi/lo beams and have both headlights on at all times.

I've read some thread about "re-wiring it", I'm looking for someone to provide DIY instructions please on how to do this.
:emot-worship:

I'm really noob in doing mod, I would like to have lo/hi beams and have both headlights on.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm wondering how to get both headlights to have hi/lo beams and have both headlights on at all times.

I've read some thread about "re-wiring it", I'm looking for someone to provide DIY instructions please on how to do this.

I'm really noob in doing mod, I would like to have lo/hi beams and have both headlights on.
Why don't you just leave your headlight switch in the highbeam position. That is what you will be doing if you rewire it.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Bite the bullet and install projectors on your bike. One of the best mods that I have done to my SE. Form and function. I am very pleased.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just my .02 ( i dont have projectors YET) but if you are going to go through all the hassle of trying to rewire splice etc to just make the stock headlights to light up together might as well invest in the projectors.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quickest and easiest way to do this is to run your high beams all the time and to change the angle of the "brighter light". That you your not blinding anyone. You can do this very easily and it wouldn't take to much time at all.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Quickest and easiest way to do this is to run your high beams all the time and to change the angle of the "brighter light". That you your not blinding anyone. You can do this very easily and it wouldn't take to much time at all.
Right here is the money maker. Look under the the dash right behind where the headlights will be and you'll see two bolts, you'll use an allen key to turn them - I don't remember if it was clockwise or otherwise but one of them things will lower your high beam angle.

Use a wall to gauge and align your headlights, keep turning and lower the high beams to slightly below your headlight for a good spot. After you're done you can just flip the high beam on like a Bowsch and leave it on .. like a Bowsch.

Pros - what will it cost? uh... a replacement headlight and 5 minutes of your time. The special mods are cool and all but i think them ninja eyes are sexy enough.

Cons - you won't have that backup high-beam for times when you need it. But seriously, when do you REALLY need it?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Right here is the money maker. Look under the the dash right behind where the headlights will be and you'll see two bolts, you'll use an allen key to turn them - I don't remember if it was clockwise or otherwise but one of them things will lower your high beam angle.

Use a wall to gauge and align your headlights, keep turning and lower the high beams to slightly below your headlight for a good spot. After you're done you can just flip the high beam on like a Bowsch and leave it on .. like a Bowsch.

Pros - what will it cost? uh... a replacement headlight and 5 minutes of your time. The special mods are cool and all but i think them ninja eyes are sexy enough.

Cons - you won't have that backup high-beam for times when you need it. But seriously, when do you REALLY need it?
I've needed it on road trips along dark, desolate roads. Another time my main headlight went out and I was relieved that I had a fresh, unused bulb in my highbeam side. Those and the fact that I don't care for the mod are the reasons I don't do it. If your riding conditions are more favorable then I don't see the problem.

Although one thing I hate is people pulling along side me to tell me one of my lights is out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
For sure... but then again, at least they were concerned enough to bring it to your attention. Maybe return a big hole wink...
:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
+1 on the BKMoto set up. It is a great mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very true. I haven't seen that movie in a decade... Are you aware of the oncoming remake?

LOS VATOS!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts