Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on youtube as well, this is the correct procedure to pick up *ANY* motorcycle, no matter if it is a Cruiser, sport bike, sports tourer, tourer, adventure , dirtbike or what ever, if its a motorcycle, this is how its done

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
See, this would only work if the bike fell on itself, not on you. My bike fell on the left side on me once and my left leg was pinned under my 300 while my right foot is hanging in midair. How can you or what can you do when this happen? I really felt helpless when this happened to me because if I was free, I could easily pick it up like nothing. But not when the bike is on you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Took me forever to find this link on my computer but this should earn me a gold star.
I think this is even a easier way to lift your bike,

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took me forever to find this link on my computer but this should earn me a gold star.
I think this is even a easier way to lift your bike,

its real easy to lift a bike like this that has crash bars on the side to stop it falling all the way over

however the original post i showed is most definitely better for you as there is no twist thru your body as there is with this method , keep a straight back & use your leg muscles and your good as gold.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
its real easy to lift a bike like this that has crash bars on the side to stop it falling all the way over

however the original post i showed is most definitely better for you as there is no twist thru your body as there is with this method , keep a straight back & use your leg muscles and your good as gold.
Actually in the video he shows with a hand motion that you do keep a straight back. I haven't tried it and thank goodness are bikes aren't that heavy but the principle seems to be a twisting of the bikes handlebars letting your arms and physics do the work.
But rereading I think I see what your saying. Your pointing out bikes with crash bars will be laying over higher up than than ours which will be laying pretty close to flat on the ground.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But rereading I think I see what your saying. Your pointing out bikes with crash bars will be laying over higher up than than ours which will be laying pretty close to flat on the ground.
spot on mate. grab a bike like the one shown and remove the crash bars and let it lay right over on the side, and then have a go at picking it up with out the straight back & legs. best of luck;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'll pick up a Harley with crash bars or a BMW where the cylinder heads act as crash bars over a ZRX1200 that falls all the way down, usually destroying a turn signal, any day.

One of the hardest dropped bike pickups I have ever done was a Suzuki DR650 that fell over downhill ending up with the seat and handlebars lower than the wheels. I almost couldn't do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picking up a dropped bike?

Hello! I'm new to riding and have been practicing riding around the loop in my neighbourhood. I've dropped the bike twice already (I know, it's terrible) and I can't pick it up on my own. Is there some sort of technique to this? I'm a 5'3" girl who weighs about 108lbs and I'm having difficulties with not making a fool of myself :biggrin:

I'd hate to get stuck like this when I eventually venture out into the open road and there's no one around who can help me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Plenty of videos on youtube if you need a visual as well. Here is one, by a lady with a heavy bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t-0-2ekA3U

I don't know how to embedded videos on this forum so you'll need to click through

EDIT: Muilisx beat me to it and the thread has the same video ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Face the opposite way of the bike and use your legs. Make sure you don't pick it up and let if fall on the other side. The kickstand down is good when it falls on the right side, but if it has fallen on the left side then you just got to be careful.

Only two thing I didn't like about this vid - wear shoes and try to find a better place to grab it in the rear if you can.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Plenty of videos on youtube if you need a visual as well. Here is one, by a lady with a heavy bike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t-0-2ekA3U

I don't know how to embedded videos on this forum so you'll need to click through

EDIT: Muilisx beat me to it and the thread has the same video ;)

Just take the s out of the http and you're good likebutta. Yes - it was intended to sound like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts