Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to install Rear Spools on your Kawasaki Ninja 300 Motorcycle & eBay parts review!

Quick video review of yet again another eBay part dilemma on these carbon fiber rear spools -quick how to install on this 2013 kawasaki ninja 300 stardust pearl white

Here's a link to a different seller with the same part ( who offers the CORRECT bolt )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-Black-..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item5b00a9d0a5&vxp=mtr

Other colors available as well

Some of the various options, more available @ www.ebay.com

Hope this helps, thanks for viewing!

Note your rear spool thread is 10x1.25 from the factory. NOT 10x1.5

The prior eBay parts review -- ninja 300 white rear seat cowl

·
Registered
616 Posts
Is the hole exist in the bike to mount rear spools ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks I am gonna order them from the seller you posted

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for posting this, Sonic.

I actually ordered the same CF ones from a seller in Sacramento, CA and yes, got the wrong bolts (M10*1.5pitch) shipped to me. I contacted the seller immediately and he was very apologetic and is sending me the 1.25 pitch bolts. I don't know enough about Kawasaki's, so perhaps other models might be 1.5 and the N300's are 1.25?

For $14 shipped, they are a really nice set of spools and and are a good match for those that have CF exhausts like the Yosh, 2Bros, M4, etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great. Just purchased the rear spools, and the the seat yesterday. Thumbs up for your reviews!
Nice! Glad I could help, thanks :D
Spool installation:

Step 1, add a little loctite

Step 2, screw them in

Done.

:p
lol you're right! Figured I'd add the content while I'm at it on the review anyway, didn't take much extra time and adds another element to the video
Is the hole exist in the bike to mount rear spools ?
Yup. It is on the swing arm near the rear tire axle.
as said^
Thanks I am gonna order them from the seller you posted
You're welcome. Nice, let me know how that goes -- be aware I haven't used that seller but it's obviously the same part and offers the proper bolts so it should be fine.
Thanks for posting this, Sonic.

I actually ordered the same CF ones from a seller in Sacramento, CA and yes, got the wrong bolts (M10*1.5pitch) shipped to me. I contacted the seller immediately and he was very apologetic and is sending me the 1.25 pitch bolts. I don't know enough about Kawasaki's, so perhaps other models might be 1.5 and the N300's are 1.25?

For $14 shipped, they are a really nice set of spools and and are a good match for those that have CF exhausts like the Yosh, 2Bros, M4, etc.
my pleasure thanks for viewing!

Nice choice on finding a US seller, mine was from china or hong kong etc. I didn't even bother contacting about the bolt size with a foreign seller like that they'd just say to return it to preserve their rankings. That's nice that seller took care of you, 5 stars for them!
That's a good question I'm not sure, but what we do know is that these are 1.25!
I agree they're cheap and imo the best look spools I could find. Exactly as you said the carbon fiber is a nice little touch and soon enough I'll have a carbon fiber can on f4lcon

·
Registered
585 Posts
Received mine today. What size of the Allen wrench do I need ? All the Allen wrenches I have are too small.... Ughhh

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i'll make them hire a driver and come to my work to pick it up if they give me the wrong parts. if not, i'll have ebay freeze their funds and keep the parts until they find someone to pick it up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
NOT HAPPY. I got the f*#*^yellow ones! No way those are getting ON the bike! Would it work if I plasti dip them? Does the stand touch the outer part or inside the grove. Yeah, sorry, cant explain it... Will look for pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts