Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I have to remove the fairings on both sides? Are they just plug and play? I got some white LED cornering lights and am just looking for a little insight on how to install them. Thanks!

· Registered
2,942 Posts
If you have small hands you can reach in there and pull on the wires to remove them.. They are just pressure fit in there so no twisting to remove them is required..

They are just a standard 194 blub so any 194 LED would be plug and play..

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thank you! I'll see if I can squeeze my hands in there and make it a little easier for me. I believe you have these as well? How do they look?

· Registered
595 Posts
I just installed some amber ones as well. there is no way i could get my hands up in there and start pulling wires blindly.... lol.... so off came the fairings.... but on another note they look awesome with my projectors... :)

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just installed some amber ones as well. there is no way i could get my hands up in there and start pulling wires blindly.... lol.... so off came the fairings.... but on another note they look awesome with my projectors... :)
Yeah I would love to have that set up, just dont have the spare time or cash to fund it at the moment haha I will get to it at some point!

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got one side but the other side there is no way had to take the fairing off and it took me almost 2 hours to get the side that I didnt have to take the fairing off on.
Yeah I just tried to reach my hand in there and there is no way in hell I'm accomplishing anything haha so it sounds like removing the fairings is the easiest way to do it? Seeing is how it takes less than 20 min to strip the bike down if you have all the necessary tools.

· Registered
42 Posts
Well, after 3 hours of carefully taking the right hand fairings off i found that my hand could reach the pilot's cable on that side.
Exchanged the bulb with a digital led set and put it back together (forgot to put back one screw).

Today another 2 and a half hour on taking off the left side, exchange the bulb, take the right side off again for that screw and put it back together.

It's easy once you know how it all fits together first hand.

Oh, and no gaps in the fairings either ^_^

In short, it's quite some work to change the pilot lights :p

· Registered
33 Posts
where can i find some amber led lights?

· Registered
748 Posts
I saw a ninja with blue led instead of amber. Does anyone know if that is legal in california?

· Registered
1,190 Posts
If you're careful you can get away with just removing the seat panel, tank trim and unbolting the top of the main fairing. Then just slide your hand in. Do not drop the damn bulb inside the headlight though... getting it out isn't fun lol

Can you see me now?

· Registered
748 Posts
If you're careful you can get away with just removing the seat panel, tank trim and unbolting the top of the main fairing. Then just slide your hand in. Do not drop the damn bulb inside the headlight though... getting it out isn't fun lol

Can you see me now?
What lights did you put in there? It looks super bright.

· Registered
297 Posts
Reviving an old thread!

I don't know if this is recommended, but is there a way to possibly delete the corner lights in the assembly? When I get my BKmotos, all I want running are my halos and my demon eyes/HIDs.

· Registered
565 Posts
Reviving an old thread!

I don't know if this is recommended, but is there a way to possibly delete the corner lights in the assembly? When I get my BKmotos, all I want running are my halos and my demon eyes/HIDs.

You could remove the bulb. You should keep the grommet plugged in to seal the hole and keep water from getting into the headlight housing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.