1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because all efi bikes fuel map from the factory is utter garbage. they all have emission control regulations to pass so usually lean the map out below about 6000 rpm so they pass.
they been doing it for years, i remember in year 2000 when i had a power commander 3 fitted to my vfr800 with k&n air cleaner and omrae c/f pipe, when it was on the dyno its fuel map was out by a mile and lean as heck below 6000 rpm as well.

get the air / fuel mix right and the bike will pull hard from idle to redline with no or hardly any dip in power across the power range.

i have no doubt after i get the pc5 fitted to my 300 it will be like riding a new bike, i know it was on my vfr800.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
is it worth doing? i don't NEED to get it done, but what all will this actually improve? i'm looking to maximize bang for my buck so if i have to pay like $600 for it, installation, and a professional dyno tune i'm ok with that.

no commitments just fishing for more detailed information cause i can't seem to find any solid numbers anywhere...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
is it worth doing? i don't NEED to get it done, but what all will this actually improve? i'm looking to maximize bang for my buck so if i have to pay like $600 for it, installation, and a professional dyno tune i'm ok with that.

no commitments just fishing for more detailed information cause i can't seem to find any solid numbers anywhere...
Area-P... Set it and forget it, $250... No dyno tune required.

Nothing wrong with PCV, but you said best bang for buck..

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No dyno tune needed for for PC5, im using the canned map from Power commander. you can if you wish put it on the Dyno, but the dealer i bought the bike from is a power commander dealer so i bought it with the sale of the bike

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Ok but I mean what will it ACTUALLY do for our bike? I realize it's mostly for customized and modified rides that's why I'm asking for rough numbers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
It will ACTUALLY make it feel like it has more power and pull than a little 296cc parrallel twin should have. It will make your bike feel like a new bike. It will, with the right other mods and tune/map, add an extra 3-6HP on what you already have. So about a 10% increase on average over stock.

So whether you get a PC5 or an Area-P tuner, you will increase your power, increase your torque, increase your fun and increase the smiles that crack across your face when you have such said fun.

There is no better bang for your buck than putting in a tuner. What else for any type of vehicle can you spend 250-500 dollars and get a 5-10% gain?
I hope I pull up next to you at a stop. Then when you are wondering why my identical bike just left yours for dead?? Tuner.

·
Registered
223 Posts
There are also some good videos on YouTube about Dynojet Autotune for the Powercommander PCV in case anyone plans on using it. I have watched them a few times to prepare to install them on my bike this weekend. The video below is general info but there are a few on installation and using the software.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are also some good videos on YouTube about Dynojet Autotune for the Powercommander PCV in case anyone plans on using it. I have watched them a few times to prepare to install them on my bike this weekend. The video below is general info but there are a few on installation and using the software.
Question, what Exhausts come with a pre-welded bung for it? Im not too keen on buying a all shined up and well welded exhaust and have to mess it all up to add a bung.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Question, what Exhausts come with a pre-welded bung for it? Im not too keen on buying a all shined up and well welded exhaust and have to mess it all up to add a bung.
The only exhaust I know of that has one already is the Leo Vince and M4. My Two Brothers full exhaust doesn't have one. But they are easy to have installed at an exhaust shop if you aren't able to do it yourself. The Autotune comes with the bung so its just labor costs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My full Yoshi doesnt even have a spot for the sensor, so no bung is there either. Nice looking shiny pipes with no ugly bung messing it up.
Bung wouldn't be ugly, it should be in a spot you really wouldn't see it either in or just after the collector. If we were screwed like the Harley guys we would really need one on each header pipe.

Im not sure if I want to get an auto tune, probably don't so I'll likely end up with the Yoshi. But the Leo Vince has a baffle too so I'll give it some more thought.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Bung wouldn't be ugly, it should be in a spot you really wouldn't see it either in or just after the collector. If we were screwed like the Harley guys we would really need one on each header pipe.

Im not sure if I want to get an auto tune, probably don't so I'll likely end up with the Yoshi. But the Leo Vince has a baffle too so I'll give it some more thought.
Yoshi also has a baffle, and a few are available for the Twobros units. M4 I believe dont but these can be sourced or made.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I like how the video completely skipped the gas tank removal part....does anyone know how to properly remove the ninja 300 gas tank :D

EDIT: nevermind, looks like I can get away with propping it up slightly. I really don't want to drain the tank fully, so this is a blessing !~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.