Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
No offense, but do you ONLY ask questions?

Since you joined this forum, you've asked a multitude of questions. You received good responses from the friendly people on this forum.

Maybe it's about time you acknowledged some of the answers, otherwise you are coming across as a bit ungrateful to the time and effort that people are investing in trying to help you.

Just say'in....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Use any regular water based degreaser (diluted Simple Green and the sort), but use the "official" air filter oil for K&N. You don't need their special cleaner, but you do need their oil. Both spray and drip bottle are fine, go with whatever's cheapest. You don't need special sealing grease. 'nuff said.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Use any regular water based degreaser (diluted Simple Green and the sort), but use the "official" air filter oil for K&N. You don't need their special cleaner, but you do need their oil. Both spray and drip bottle are fine, go with whatever's cheapest. You don't need special sealing grease. 'nuff said.

That might work for you, but this is what I recommend:

IME, the K&N filter for my Ninja 300 is easiest to clean as follows:

1) Waterblast @ at least 1400psi
2) Soak in Kerosene for at least 30 minutes
3) Set alight and watch it burn (not to exceed 10 minutes)
4) Kick it across the garage while still ablaze
5) Use fire extinguisher on vehicle in garage that is now aflame
6) Go to store and buy new K&N filter
7) Install new filter

....sorry I am in a bad mood with OP for lack of acknowledgment of the help he/she is receiving....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense, but do you ONLY ask questions?

Since you joined this forum, you've asked a multitude of questions. You received good responses from the friendly people on this forum.

Maybe it's about time you acknowledged some of the answers, otherwise you are coming across as a bit ungrateful to the time and effort that people are investing in trying to help you.

Just say'in....
hahah sorry thanks I will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts