Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was asked by several members to post the video I did earlier in its own thread as I was informed it was very good and informational. I do feel honored, I didn't think it would be as good as it turned out.

The product I'm using is the Slime 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator. The inflator can also be purchased at Walmart but I used Amazon as I have free 2-day shipping but if you live near a Walmart, it doesn't hurt to pick one up, give it a shot, and if for any reason you don't like it, take it back for a full refund no questions asked.

I made this video because of the thread by jayardingo about his low tire pressure.

I highly recommend this product. Also, not mentioned in the video, the button under the power button is a light button that turns on the light on the side which is good for during the night when doing this.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YDAjwBWNwg

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glad I finally got to hear you pronounce your username. I've been reading it as "me-you-e-liss-ix" -- don't think I've ever seen it and not spent a second or two figuring it out again.

I like how you say it better than I imagined it.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad I finally got to hear you pronounce your username. I've been reading it as "me-you-e-liss-ix" -- don't think I've ever seen it and not spent a second or two figuring it out again.

I like how you say it better than I imagined it.
Lulz, thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's an awesome device and i will more than likely get one this week considering you can use it with one hand haha!

Nice vid muilisx, hit me up when you're riding!

The 300 is 28 front and 32 rear, I just did my tires this weekend but had to go to the gas station for the air pump. Gotta get one of these bad boys ASAP at Walmart.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hit me up when you're riding!.
I ride EVERY SINGLE DAY! If you're ever bored, just ride out to me, and we'll ride!

The 300 is 28 front and 32 rear.
Indeed, you're 100% CORRECT..... 28 / 32. It's been awhile since I put air in my 300 so I forgot, but now I know again. Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ride EVERY SINGLE DAY! If you're ever bored, just ride out to me, and we'll ride!

Indeed, you're 100% CORRECT..... 28 / 32. It's been awhile since I put air in my 300 so I forgot, but now I know again. Thanks!

Yup just wanted to make sure folks weren't over inflating their tires.

I work mon-fri until 530ish then usually hit the gym, on my off days from the gym I'll hit you up. I'm def comin through this weekend tho, ill see who else is down to ride.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yup just wanted to make sure folks weren't over inflating their tires.
Indeed, good catch!

I work mon-fri until 530ish then usually hit the gym, on my off days from the gym I'll hit you up. I'm def comin through this weekend tho, ill see who else is down to ride.
Awesome! You'll be hitting 3k so time for Mobil 1 4T! Even if the weekend rolls around and you're only at 2850-2900, you're fine, we'll still do the change. We'll ride to AutoZone again and pick up a filter and oil. You only need 2 quarts because I have some M14T left over. You'll be running PERFECTLY like MFC's bike. I can't wait for you to feel the awesomeness. I'm also going to clean and lube your chain, and adjust if needed.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is what I have Craftsman 19.2 volt cordless Inflator and it's lovely. :)
$72? :icon_scratch:

That's rough as hell, and to be honest but not rude, that thing looks crappy, especially for that kind of money. The Slime inflator to me, seems like the better deal. I'm sure the one you have is cool, but $72 + $8.99 shipping? That thing at that price should be a prime item. I duno but it doesn't look like it's a solid solid product from the picture but I could be wrong. I'm sure it's cool, but I would have to hold it in my hand, and try it out to really determine my opinion.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've used it plenty of times, to air my auto tires (from 10 PSI) and moto tires, plus it has a digital gauge and it's cordless, you don't have to worry about cigarette lighter plug-in. Just posted it as another option and because it really works like a gem. When you combine that with other craftsman products the cost is nothing because the battery is interchangeable. They have impact wrenches, drills, saws, etc. Perfect for portable, on-the-go emergency situations.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I'm sure everything is lovely when it doesn't require going to the service station. Some of the reviews do say the price is a bit high, but it is cordless opposed to the slime one. I'll see what they have at walmart
Might have a cord, but it's like 15 feet long and under $25 :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, the price may be high for some people, but when you realize you can use it interchangeably with other craftsmen products, it opens up the pandora's box. Anyways, it was just another suggestion. Enjoy whatever you decide to get. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was going to do some comparison shopping today but never made it to walmart. Not that id have time to ride anyway. Had to take my brother to two different sprint stores because he demolished his iPhone.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to do some comparison shopping today but never made it to walmart. Not that id have time to ride anyway. Had to take my brother to two different sprint stores because he demolished his iPhone.

Tell him to go Android.

·
Registered
616 Posts
+1 tires pressure

Two things.. I didn't find the answer in User Manual.. what is the proper tires pressure with the passanger at the rear seat?I've heard the tires pressure should be more than with only rider.My passanger is about 55kg.
Can anybody suggest Portable Air Pump to buy(ebay only).I saw it somewhere here in the forum but can not find it.
BTW.Here,in Poland, we used to call "backpack" for passanger :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry to "bump" my post.I need quick answer 'cause I'm gonna ride today with my daughter.And yes,I know there is the sticker on the frame but unfortunately i don't understand it ;-(

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ernet, I take a passenger quite often and I never add more air just for that. Using 28/32 is just fine. You both will be fine. If you will feel better adding a little, go 30/34 but I see no reason to go higher.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ernet, I take a passenger quite often and I never add more air just for that. Using 28/32 is just fine. You both will be fine. If you will better adding a little, go 30/34 but I see no reason to go higher.
You never let me down.Thanks for you help!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts