Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expecting to get my 300 tomorrow afternoon. Right now the dealer quoted me $6511 for the regular model without the ABS, but told me that he would work with me to get me a better deal. I'm not sure exactly how much I should pay. He's quoting me at the base price plus tag title and tax and 500 dollars for shipping and 500 dollars for something else (destination fee I believe). I just saw that someone paid slightly less than I'm supposed to be paying for a SE, so now I'm wondering what I should be paying for a base model without getting ripped off.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my Stardust for $6,100 out the door and same with my bro when he got his Ebony. Seems like they were the only dealership that was offering that low of a price in my area. Everywhere else quoted us $7k+ for base model.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was quoted 5500 by a novice dealer, came back the next day and another guy said his boss would go no lower than 5650... talked to the boss.. still 5650, still better then most though.. OTD btw

base model ebony
bought 8 day's ago already 600 miles, lol had a long trip last weekend

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am expecting to get my 300 tomorrow afternoon. Right now the dealer quoted me $6511 for the regular model without the ABS, but told me that he would work with me to get me a better deal. I'm not sure exactly how much I should pay. He's quoting me at the base price plus tag title and tax and 500 dollars for shipping and 500 dollars for something else (destination fee I believe). I just saw that someone paid slightly less than I'm supposed to be paying for a SE, so now I'm wondering what I should be paying for a base model without getting ripped off.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I don't know where you are (I'm in Los Angeles) but your getting ripped off. I got the SE model (with ABS) for $6490 out the door. And they delivered it! The MSR is $5500, about $500 for tax and license (it's different depending where you are) and the shipping (also know as destination fee) was $400. Lot's of dealers jack up the shipping charges, and add on "set-up" fees, which is basically taking the bike out of the crate and bolting on the mirrors, etc. And most dealers will give you a 15 to 25% discount on any gear that you want when you buy your bike, so don't forget if you need something (covers, locks, whatever)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it depends what state you are in. I was quoted $5250 OTD but they dont have iit n stock so I asked them to give me in writing the final price and did $100 down to confirm the price but still waiting. othe dealers are asking alot extra so call different dealers, visit them and then decide.I live in Illionois btw.

·
Registered
958 Posts
See "OTD price" thread by typing it in the search function. Some people got theirs for under $5300. I paid $5380 OTD in Texas. OTD means out the door or everything...bike, taxes, title, inspection sticker, registration. The dealer is out to get as much for the bike as possible. He will only work with you if you find a better deal. Otherwise he will get as much as he possibly can from you.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If they act stubborn, show them this forum thread (print/smartphone) ;)

I had the same problem with my dealer. They wanted me to pay $7000. With the help of Rekognize and a thread on Ninjette, I got them down to $6250 (keeping in mind this is in Ontario, Canada, where the base price is $5300 and 13% tax).

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
If I showed my dealer this thread they would tell me to screw off and go to another dealer.. There are not many motorcycle dealers in my area so and motorcycles are not huge in demand items due to the weather so mark up is huge for them to say in business..

·
Banned
562 Posts
my bike 5300 otd including interest and tax

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Purchased my Pearl Stardust White yesterday. Got it for $5479 OTD.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.