Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Pirelli DR2s on my bike and have done maybe 5-6 track days on them. I think I can go a couple more on those tires but don't want to push my luck.

How many track days are you guys getting out of your tires?

I ride my bike almost exclusively on the track; maybe one canyon run per month, if that.

· Registered
487 Posts
I have Pirelli DR2s on my bike and have done maybe 5-6 track days on them. I think I can go a couple more on those tires but don't want to push my luck.

How many track days are you guys getting out of your tires?

I ride my bike almost exclusively on the track; maybe one canyon run per month, if that.
Three track days, two race weekends (practice, qual, and 4 races) one kart track day, which was really hard on the tires. Dunlops Unbeatens.
I am just ordering a rear... front is still fine

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three track days, two race weekends (practice, qual, and 4 races) one kart track day, which was really hard on the tires. Dunlops Unbeatens.
I am just ordering a rear... front is still fine
Yeah sounds like you're probably pushing those tires more than I am. I'm still pretty new at this, what signs should I be looking for to know when it's time for a new set?

· Registered
487 Posts
Yeah sounds like you're probably pushing those tires more than I am. I'm still pretty new at this, what signs should I be looking for to know when it's time for a new set?
Should be little wear markers in the tread... Higher than the deepest part of the groove but not as high as the carcus... That would just show the wear not the condition. Other factors like heat cycles and age can lead to an early death of a tire...

· Registered
280 Posts
I would expect 8 - 12 track days out of a rear tire, depending on the track and your pace. My DR2s have only seen one track day (Streets of Willow) and about 10 spirited canyon runs in addition to my regular commuting and pleasure riding. They have held up quite nicely, but will likely need to be replaced before my next couple track days in April. I'm thinking of trying out the Bridgestone S20 EVO this time. I would love to get a set of Dunlop Alpha 13s for dedicated track use...

· Registered
609 Posts
I can get about 7-8 track days out of a rear. New rubber is more important in racing and needs to be replaced more often (even if it might still be good enough tread and grip levels for a few more track days) so I'ld get about 3 race days and a tuning day or 2 out of a rear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts