Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preparing for my pod filter install and projector headlight install at the same time.. I catagorized the screws by what they were holding in and put them into envelopes, it should be VERY easy to put back together..

Note the air-box is still installed in this picture, it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to remove!!! But removing it really cleaned up the area around the engine! I can actually see everything now!

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Looks like mine right now, but my front fender is off too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's mine,

Why I hate this so much, it's because there are too many bolts, rivet, etc that you have to open just to get your headlight, same like yours mod, this is when I try to install projector headlight.

Btw, I found something interesting in your picture, did you swap the stock 300 exhaust into the old 250r? looks great!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw, I found something interesting in your picture, did you swap the stock 300 exhaust into the old 250r? looks great!
I did, the rearsets, rear pegs, and exhaust, you cant tell but I also put on the stock brake lines and bar ends as well.. I bought the 250R used from a co-worker who dropped it on the left side at a couple MPH so it needed a few things to look new again..

No reason to trash the old 300 parts when they can find a good home on the 250R :D:D:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why I hate this so much, it's because there are too many bolts, rivet, etc that you have to open just to get your headlight, same like yours mod, this is when I try to install projector headlight.
Totally understand where you're coming from... haha

Mine,

View attachment 813

Mine has been like this for the last month and a half... bummer. In the process of retrofitting these projectors and waitin on cf parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
vwhy would you put the stock r6 exhaust on the 300? I understand you have the rear swingarm/wheel and front setup from the r6 .. but why a large stock can?

I haven't touched the 300 but the r6 is getting torn down to frame and motor soon

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those demon eyes look good! I didnt get the demon eyes on mine only because I know I would attract the law and I dont want to deal with that haha!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those demon eyes look good! I didnt get the demon eyes on mine only because I know I would attract the law and I dont want to deal with that haha!
hahaha I was on the same boat but decided to use the demon eyes and halos just for show. ;) I also wired switches to them so I can control them whenever, just in case.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did, the rearsets, rear pegs, and exhaust, you cant tell but I also put on the stock brake lines and bar ends as well.. I bought the 250R used from a co-worker who dropped it on the left side at a couple MPH so it needed a few things to look new again..

No reason to trash the old 300 parts when they can find a good home on the 250R :D:D:D
Nice! Wonder how it sounds, for me, the stock 300's exhaust is the best stock exhaust design for an under 600cc bike. :D

vwhy would you put the stock r6 exhaust on the 300? I understand you have the rear swingarm/wheel and front setup from the r6 .. but why a large stock can?

I haven't touched the 300 but the r6 is getting torn down to frame and motor soon
It simply because I still haven't found what I'm looking for. (fyi, I bought this part as a package) :D
I still wait for Yoshi/Akra, but I think the design is the same as the old 250. Because for me, it's not only about the performance of it, but the looks.
Loud sound from the exhaust is really important for a commuter like me, with the silent sound of stock exhaust, sometimes, when I pass another bike from behind and or in the middle of traffic, they didn't even realize that I was there.
Previously I'd like to install my GSX600 stock exhaust, but it just too small and the sound is too noisy.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the 300 exhaust on the 250R really smoothed out the sound.. I thought the 250R exhaust sounded like a put-put-put-put-put.... and the 300 muffler got rid of that..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mew's plastics have all been taken off, HID's installed, rear seat cowel, GP Indicator. Have a few more things in store for her, just waiting for all of the testing to be done before it gets delivered :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
would I get introuble with the law if I had red angel eyes and demon eyes? they look amazing... and I would love to get them... Its better then spending it on shoes for my gf x)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would I get introuble with the law if I had red angel eyes and demon eyes? they look amazing... and I would love to get them... Its better then spending it on shoes for my gf x)
depends on your local laws.. around here if the police see a red or blue light on the outside of your vehicle/bike, its pretty much an instant ticket..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's mine,

Jealous of your sweet garage!:cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Preparing for my pod filter install and projector headlight install at the same time.. I catagorized the screws by what they were holding in and put them into envelopes, it should be VERY easy to put back together...
Damn i just took most of my bike apart why didnt i do this -.-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts