Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to remove the front reflectors, how do I do that and make it look clean without that long bolt sticking out?

Also on my bike holding the license plate are two small reflectors with the hand turn nut on the end, so anyone could easily loosen them and steal my license plate, can I just put regular nuts on them? Or secure the plate without the reflectors?

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you're getting rid of the front reflectors, why are you keeping the rear reflectors? I'm in the I'd rather not be hassled camp, so I'm keeping my reflectors. Can't help there.

I've got some of the same license bolt reflectors you've got. If you only use 2 of the reflector ones and the other two are Allen bolt's that should protect your plate somewhat. Or you could get some regular nuts to replace the wingnuts and perhaps put some loctite on there to make them harder to loosen.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Replace the two top bolts with Torx bolts and move the reflectors to the bottom of the plate. Get rid of the factory red side reflectors if you going keep the reflector bolts on the license plate.

Torx head bolts will keep most people from trying to mess with it. I have Torx head oil cap on my BMW for that reason. If you don't like Torx you can go with a Hex, but most people have Hex wrenches available. Just keeps the idiots from doing what they do best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts